Home Sugar Support™ Forum Confessions 191 km later…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by SimpleSimone SimpleSimone 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AFuryforluxury
    Participant

… completed my challenge!!

Relaxing time ! More about my trips tomorrow!!

😊

Fla_Boater
    Fla_Boater
    Participant

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it and completed it safely!

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Well done at @Fury. Very impressive

Brown_Shhugar47
    Brown_Shhugar47
    Participant

Congrats on completing your challenge.

AFuryforluxury
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your kind words !

I surprised myself during the whole trip. Never thought I was in shape enough to pull through. It was one of those last minute ideas that pops in your head after learning that your first vacation plans are ruined. 😂

Day 1 :

I did 92km. A very nice even ride, not too many extreme peaks and mostly official cycling roads. A dream ! I rode alone the entire time and was shocked to see almost no one during that whole 92km. Then I realized that I left on a working day 😂.

Note to self : better to arrive alone, in a quiet location with a pool after a long ride. Why? When you’re greeted by a bunch of friends here’s what might happen: The paparazzi syndrom followed by the : ” So what’s the next best thing? ” in less than 15 minutes upon your arrival. Talk about a mood killer! Add to this the inevitable alchohol fest which you don’t want to partake during this kind of challenge… obviously !!

Day 2 :

The following day, I respected my note to self and after 70 km of extreme hills and peaks, I stopped at a very comfy hotel, with a pool. Rented a studio fully equipped and peaceful! Treated myself to a scrumptious meal fit for a Queen and ended this perfect day near a bonfire. Wow !!!

Note to self : although my body wasn’t exhausted, my mind was another matter. Basically, after each hills, I thought : MADE IT !!! But of course it was just the beginning. I had difficulty to convince myself that it would be okay and very rewarding, hence, my mind was playing dirty tricks on me ! In the end, I could have completed my challenge the second day, but caved in to the inner tantrum, but not without a good fight. I believe that 70km hills on a sandy and frankly awful cycling roads, that’s when it first hit me : Challenge begins here !

Day 3

In my area, there’s a town fit for any Olympic driven cyclist and rollerblading fanatics. That’s where I was heading. FFS who decided to plant a town in this natural hostile area ? 😂

Although I only had 29 km left, these were the toughest! In the end, I skipped a “screw” and finished on the road with cars as my close neighbor ! If you’re ever in a situation where you must choose between a less safe (not insanely unsafe) paved road or a cheap sandy cycling one… take the paved road and simply be extra careful! It made my last km feel like Christmas. Still very demanding and annoying, but at least you actually cover miles after miles. For a frustrated mind, that simple fact will make you go a long long way ! 😉

I had people greeting me, so this time, I politely requested a lone time of a few hours.

Brief Psychological Review :

The feeling of accomplishment is overwhelming. Serenity and extreme calm were my companions at the end of my challenge. I wasn’t excited, or jumpy, nor was I screaming victory and bunching around. Only a very rewarding emptiness and a contemplative mindset for the following hours upon resting my bike.

Brief Physical Review :

I always made sure to be thoroughly hydrated during and after my efforts. During the day, my food intake was minimal but high in glucose. Then, I’d eat a bigger meal for supper 2 hours after reaching my destinations. No specific or painful muscles issues. Had trouble sleeping on night 2, but mostly because I prefer a very thin pillow… and that is IMPOSSIBLE to find in a hotel. Mattresse was medium hard though, which is to my liking ! Seems like I’m in better shape than I thought ! 😊

Already planning another one for my next year vacations !!

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Wow, just wow. Very impressive Fury! You must be on top of the world right now! Go ahead and ROAR!!!!

Maybe next year I’ll come with you, as long as you promise not to get annoyed when my training wheels squeak 😜.

Again, WOW👏👏👏👏👏👏

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by SimpleSimone SimpleSimone.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.