Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Advice for petite/girlish SBs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spicychicken 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

spicychicken
    Participant

I feel like I’m either not taken as seriously or viewed as less attractive or.. something else along those lines.
    Even when dressed in more appropriate mature clothing, I still look relatively youthful. It’s a little frustrating, though I also know I can play it as a strength, I feel discouraged as I feel like it doesn’t appeal to SDs. Nothing about the way I respond or have typed out my profile seems to express excessive childishness. I dress relatively well in a wide variety of styles. But I seem to just receive a couple ‘you’re cute’ messages and nothing much beyond that. I’m going to be more patient, but I don’t have my hopes up…

teamswirl
    teamswirl
    Participant

@spicychicken That is very interesting. I don’t think it is your look. It might just be your profile in general. I sometimes feel I look too young too. However, it hasn’t been a problem to me. I kinda use it to my advantage and like you said play it as a strength.

I am interested in seeing what everyone else has to say about this.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew
    Participant

@SpicyChicken,

Correct me if I am wrong. But your location is not here in the U.S but Manila correct? It has to do with your location where there are a lot more SBs than SDs. It has nothing to do with you being petite or looking young. I am very petite and have to have my ID every where I go in case I have to buy say wine or something.

If you are thinking this because of the response ” You are cute” is the reason, then your interpretation is wrong. Your difficulty is because of your location so don’t beat yourself about being petite. We bring a lot to the table :).

spicychicken
    Participant

@seattle slew @thelovelymariah I’ve seen a fair amount of women on this site with emoji-dotted profiles that seem to be finding something as they seem to fit the standard – which I understand, as SDs want something nice to look at. I have received opening messages referring to something on my profile from people with similar interests and humor as me, or people who have even said I write well, but it never gets past a few exchanges as they just move on I think. I am constantly trying to improve my profile through the advice I’ve been reading on the forums, which has done well for me though I’ve yet to find the right arrangement.

Perhaps the location is definitely making it hard. I’ve had SDs messaging me from halfway across the world that expressed a mutual interest, but the location… I’ll just be patient!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.