Home Sugar Support Forum™ Ethnic Are Ethnic Babies Welcome At The Sugar Bowl?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by BrownGal BrownGal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

klp1996
    Participant

I’m a black SB and I’ve had good luck so far. of course I’m in no way oblivious to the obvious weariness that some SDs may have regarding having a brown or black sb. It may be harder to get one, seeing as how most men see white women as default (sad but true). ALOT of men (especially white men) will especially look for black and brown girls because they look “exotic” *yawn* *rolls eyes*
    I’ve gotten that a lot. yes the fact that you’re a colored girl may make it harder for you than a girl who isn’t, but many men view you as being exciting, different, beautiful for that very reason.

Yana
    Participant

Yeah, i agree with klp1996. I am a brown SB too and i notice there are many (caucasian or not) SD interested in brown or black SB. I have been more messaged by caucasian men than any other ethnicity. Personally I don’t wonder why anymore, i think they have all their reasons to be particularly interested in black girls, but as long as the relationship is based on mutual respect, it’s all good for me. Maybe the fact being French and dating essentially French guys helps a lot since here mixed couples are ultra common even in couples with age disparity. Btw, i have to admit i have much good luck for a first SR. 😀
    There are also a lot of SD having no ethnic preferences, I met two POTs like that (and one is my current SD). Maybe it make more sense to focus on this kind of men for a SR.

Samantha
    Participant

^^^ You better speak for us successful wonderful brown babes!

Yana
    Participant

Hi @Samantha :)
    Actually I am really beginning in the Sugar Bowl so i will tell you a few months later if i am successful of not ! 😆

Yana
    Participant

Sorry for double post… can this one be deleted ?

lasha_lane
    lasha_lane
    Participant

RoyalDiva2315 I am from SoCal as well. Mind exchanging emails? I’d live to talk to you further. I am in need of local sugar sisters.

-Alissa
    -Alissa
    Participant

Can someone please take a look at my profile and tell me what it is that I’m doing wrong?? Some valuable tips and examples would be much appreciated. I get daily views from different SD’s but no msgs and when I reach out no response. Idk if my pictures aren’t sexy enough or if I just look average…lol they’re the better ones that I have. Also I can’t see profiles of other SB’s out there to compare to (making sure that my profile is “acceptable”)

Joey
    Joey
    Keymaster

Check out a blog post called Brown Sugar Baby Joins the Bowl here

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

@-Alissa

If the profile I found is you (NYC) it’s blase. You wrote 21 sentences, if I counted right, and only slightly mentioned why a SD would pick you in half of one. On PoF/match.com/ect I am sure you would have luck. But this is the Bowl. You have to make ME want YOU. (Unlike traditional forms of dating) Everything in your profile as it is, is all about “I”.

Why should I engage YOU. What do you bring to the table that would make MY life better by having you in it? What is it, you offer? Take some time and try to figure out the answers to these questions. Once you do, place the answer(s) in your profile.

There are 10-14 SBs for each SD. So you have to win us over. Make the first move. Entertain us. That’s where the gifts come in. They are a “thank you” for making our lives more fun.

Maatshepsut
    Participant

Hi! I literally just signed up here, and I’m sort of feeling things out before I decide whether to make an SA profile or not. I’m interested, (mostly because I’m a broke virgin in an expensive college but I have no experience with men), and I wanted to know if it was even possible for me. I’m a five foot, C-Cup, Afro-Latina, Literature-nerd and otaku living in the Caribbean; I pretty much feel doomed. To make matters worse, I have Sickle Cell Anemia. Can someone just tell me if this is impossible so that I can make a decision?
    -Ma’at

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Maatshepsut.
    MileHighFreak
    MileHighFreak
    Participant

Hello ladies! I am new to the SD life, and thought I would share my very short story with you.

I am a 43 year white guy, who has for a long time been attracted to dark skinned women. Be it black, asian, hispanic, indian, mixed, or any other. I have dated several black women in the past and actually prefer them.

I have recently left the traditional dating world, and entered the SD life. I am now with my first SB who is black, and couldn’t be happier. She is an amazing person! :)

There are definitely us guys out here that have no issue with dating a woman of color, and many of us even prefer it. And I agree with Ambrose, like any other SB out there, you have to show something that makes us be interested in choosing you as a person, regardless of your ethnicity. Pretty much like any other relationship.

Just know that you are wanted, you are worth it, and don’t give up. :) You WILL find a match!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by MileHighFreak MileHighFreak.
    Loving_life_27
    Loving_life_27
    Participant

This was helpful!
    I’m getting some response and initial contact, but this can put me ahead. Gotta work twice as hard!

Maria-anne
    Maria-anne
    Participant

Hey, im new to the sugar bowl, from the caribbean to be exact. Can someone look at my profile and tell me whats wrong please

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

@Maria-anne
    Your profile is mostly solid. But…

This is a copy/paste deal so bear with me:
    Revamp your about me/what I am looking for. Right now I have no idea why I would bother to message you. WHY. Why should I pick you? What do you bring to the table that will make my life better? These are the things that a SB should convey in her profile. Unlike traditional dating, you (as a SB) are are the hunter. Making the first move is good. Also, try to sell the SDs on why you are better than the next SB. Your profile might be fine for match.com/PoF. But in this game, you are the chaser. There are 10-14 SBs for each SD. So we need to know why/how you will make our time together enjoyable.

MestizaGal92
    MestizaGal92
    Participant

Hello, Ladies I just wanted to say don’t give up, it’s probably just not your time. You know what your worth don’t let anyone shame you in that. I recently just started considering becoming an SB; within a few days, I already have 2 pages of views I’m half black and Filipino. I have had a couple favorites and a couple inquiries but my conscience is telling me I could have more but perhaps it’s the way you word your description. My attention will not solely be focusing on this and I have other things to tend to I’m sure when I do come back to check my profile there will be inquiries that I’m interested in. Just don’t lose hope. And to those men out there who say no African American woman well its there loss. They’re close-minded, unfortunately, Plus it probably best that they didn’t choose you they sound like douche bags. I don’t know about you guys but I and douche bags don’t click. Stay Postive ^.^

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.