Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Awesome SD but payment red flag

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by N2fungirl N2fungirl 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Catracha323
    Participant

Ok so we been talking day n night throughout the day. He’s never had a SB according to him. But he was once scammed or tried to be by a young coworker n her bf. So he’s on edge I guess. But we finally talked allowance. He cant do 500 and said 300 to start which waa my 1st red flag. I LinkedIn and Googled him and nothing. He’s a civil engineer and freelances. Currently in Mexico rn comes back Monday to TX I’m in IN. He seems legit but now that we discussed payment he says he can only use bank. 🙄 so I’m already in a bad mood. He said why not bank..I explained. We been texting all night so he was tired so am I. We decided to talk later. So idk I’m definitely not giving him my bank info I’m not dumb. But damn it just when i thought i found a good one. Great respectful guy. Would a scammer seriously go thru for almost a whole week nonstop talking and asking relationship questions and what I like dont like just to scam? Lol I’m a newbie but I’m aware and done research but never came across this. He has shares his daughter w me. Asks me about my kids and if we are ok. Like wtf lol sisters please give advice..your input and take on this.

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

`Absolutely 100% a scammer. Yes, he would go through weeks or months of grooming you to make you think he’s a decent guy. He’s doing the same with 100 other girls at the same time. It’s his job. I very much doubt that the person you are talking with is the same person whose LinkedIn profile you’ve seen.

There’s really no reason why he can’t wait to meet you in person and at that point offer you an allowance in cash.

Daddyshome
    Participant

Got to ask about the bank bit.

It’s not uncommon in the UK for SB to give bank account number and sort code. That’s the information needed to send her money.

The SD cannot take money with this information. They would need the debit card details.

However, it is possible for the SD to be scammed. He sends the money and it never arrives with proof of a screen shot. In reality it has been sent and the screen is fake.

So I’m curious about this.

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

In the UK and EU, it’s quite common, and generally safe, to give out your bank account number + sort code to receive payments.

What makes this a scam, is that no ‘SD’ is going to send an allowance before he meets you in person. It just doesn’t happen. There’s no point. And when he meets you in person, it’s just much simpler for both parties to deal with cash until there’s some trust.

Why would a ‘SD’ from Texas, who’s currently in Mexico be looking for a SB thousands of miles away in Indiana? Does he visit Indiana regularly? If so, he would just offer any allowance when they meet. These scammers claim to be far away and unable to meet so that gullible POT SBs think that giving out their bank details is the only way they’re going to receive anything for the time they’ve already invested.

N2fungirl
    N2fungirl
    Participant

Yep. I’ve been on SA less than a month, and I’ve had at least a dozen scam attempts. They’re crawling all over SA. But, let me add a positive note, I’ve had some really good experiences with legit SDs in this short period of time! Be smart. Be patient. Don’t be desperate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.