Home Sugar Support™ Forum Confessions Cringe, Swoon, or Yawn?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar QuixoticDreams 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    hoosierdaddy
    Participant

Alright, ladies. It’s time for everyone’s favorite game: Cringe, Swoon, or Yawn?
    I offer you two paragraphs from an SD’s Looking for section. Do you Cringe, Swoon, or Yawn?

“Please have something in your life that you are passionate about. I’m here looking for a person, not a vagina life support system. (Instant connection if you recognize that reference.) I don’t care if it is dance, horses, cosplay, animal rescue, or alien conspiracy theories; just please something other than “fashion and shopping with friends”

Not to objectify, but purely as simile, women are like classic cars: the most desirable have not had much surface area repainted, and all parts are from the original manufacturer.”

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

There are some interesting components:

The second paragraph is not bad.
    Knows what a simile is and what makes it different from a metaphor.
    Feels lighthearted / clever and not really offensive.

The first paragraph is a definite cringe though:
    Negative and inherently misogynistic, feels a bit hostile. Poor attempt at humor does not mitigate ick factor, don’t care about reference recognition factor, just ick,

I would take a hard pass on this.

@hoosierdaddy,
    Pretty please tell me this is not you! It’s too early in the morning the find out that one of my SD heroes has feet of clay… ;-(

AFuryforluxury
    Participant

@simplesimone

Dreams can be shattered at all times, especially on SA, but based on Hoosierdaddy many intakes, I deeply doubt that he would come up with such puerile negativity.

My reaction :

All over the place and sadly pompous. I not only cringe, I bawl. Next !

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

Shall we just say that a totally not fake SB was curious about something this weekend and showed “her” head above the trench (showed up in recently logged on) and now my email is flooded with SD contacts. Naughty totally not fake SB.

valkyrium.tremens
    valkyrium.tremens
    Participant

For me it’s a yawn/cringe combo.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@hoosierdaddy

So you are saying that a totally not fake SB (who presumably has man parts) is getting more action than a legit SB (who definitely has lady parts)?

Quality of action not withstanding, I object!

This means that you now have a moral obligation to play matchmaker for me!

Surely you know a few quality NY based (or frequent visitor) SDs who would appreciate a not un-fabulous if firmly post pubescent SB with a firm grasp of grammar and a slightly twisted wit?

Are you buying this argument? Hey, gotta try-consider it LTS networking😜

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

I’ve never been a New York guy. Now London, I could totally set you up in London.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

I’ll start packing straight away. Hmmmm, must find my bumbershoot and wellies…☔️ as it sounds as if it may be raining men across the pond shortly.😜

worthexploring
    worthexploring
    Participant

“Please have something in your life that you are passionate about. SWOON

I’m here looking for a person, not a vagina life support system. (Instant connection if you recognize that reference.) I’LL BITE: WHERE’S IT FROM?

I don’t care if it is dance, horses, cosplay, animal rescue, or alien conspiracy theories; just please something other than “fashion and shopping with friends” SWOON

Not to objectify, but purely as simile, women are like classic cars: the most desirable have not had much surface area repainted, and all parts are from the original manufacturer.” CRINGE. CARS, ESPECIALLY CLASSIC CARS, REQUIRE MAINTENANCE AND UPKEEP. PLUS, A CAR ISN’T REALLY A CLASSIC IN IT’S FIRST 20 YEARS OF LIFE. SAME GOES FOR WOMEN. THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH REPLACING A FEW WORN OUT PARTS HERE AND THERE, AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE ISN’T AN OPTION, IT’S REQUIRED TO KEEP YOUR CHASSIS FINE TUNED AND PURRING.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Suum cuique

That is all.

kissmykinky
    kissmykinky
    Participant

Probably yawn on both… something that I already read plenty of times on SA and I have already learnt is matched by a fake one that write a strong and lovely description with sentences as above and then is just after a nice college girl ready to spread her legs for few quids. I’m old school… but it’s not this that impress me in a daddy’s description … but if one or both sentences like them will be written in a personal message probably I will be thrilled.

QuixoticDreams
    Participant

“Please have something in your life that you are passionate about. I’m here looking for a person, not a vagina life support system.“

It’s a line from a web series called The Guild. The main character, played by Felicia Day, says “Grandma was right. Guys think a woman is just a life-support system for a vagina.”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.