This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TCM 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TCM
    Participant

I keep hitting a wall of so many NOT being able to meet in an evening.

I appreciate that SD often run their own companies or at least their own diaries, yes they can fit in lunch dates, half days …

I am presuming, I know one should not! other SB are also unable to meet during the day, with courses or work…

How many SD are expecting SB to give up half day holidays from work to meet them?

I know it is not always as easy for married SD to meet in an evening, and surprisingly those who ‘claim’ to be single!
    So I am interested in what ways this works for arrangements/expectations from SD where SB are at study or work during the day…

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

I’ve never met a SB that wasn’t able to meet during the day. As you say, married SD’s are going to have a hard time meeting in the evenings or weekends.

GOMS
    Participant

I would expect a fair amount of availability/flexibility (early filter) BUT a) the allowance would more than compensate and b) if it’s school or career (vs job) then that comes first and I have no problem with that.

Alex74
    Participant

I know it is not always as easy for married SD to meet in an evening, and surprisingly those who ‘claim’ to be single!

Glad your recognize that any SD who claims to be single but can’t meet in the evening is probably lying …

I would point out that at least here in the US most ‘student’ SB’s can find time on some days because classes generally do not take up all five weekdays (those college kids have it easy compared to when and where I went to college!). Also there are a lot of server/waitress/bartender types on SA too it seems like, and they will have daytime availability too.

sf_flowerchild
    sf_flowerchild
    Participant

I’m a student SB with a flexible retail job so I actually alter my schedule to make time for my SDs. My SDs are both as equally if not more busy than I am so i understand the time constraints but also know how much they sacrifice in making that time for me as well.
    I had to cut my work hours and switch my shifts for evening/stock or closing shifts to accommodate time for day meets. But I don’t regret it as what I get in return currently makes up for that.
    I don’t think an SB having a flexible schedule is required but it definitely gives you an advantage in the bowl.

TCM
    Participant

“now it is not always as easy for married SD to meet in an evening, and surprisingly those who ‘claim’ to be single!
    Glad your recognize that any SD who claims to be single but can’t meet in the evening is probably lying …”

Ohhh yes been in internet dating land and as a mistress to married men long enough, however I think most would realise that is a big red flag :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.