Home Sugar Support™ Forum First Meetings First meet red flag?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cecile 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jsidd
    Participant

So I’m chatting with this potential SB, and she discusses that she’s into just texting, etc or in person meets. I say that I’m looking to have a face to face relationship/arrangement. She then tells me that she’s willing to have a 1/1.5 hour dinner date (mind you this is the first time we will he meeting). She wants a gift, I offer a token amount since it’ll be the first meeting. She counters with slightly under a grand.

Naive about the process or just hoping to scam?

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

She is looking for the quick hit of cash.

A first meet should be a meet and greet for 15 to 30 minutes. No gift expected (but one often provided with no expectation by the POT SD, usually in the small/token range to convert get transportation).

Anything substantial should be when the relationship is discussed and defined.

Your first red flag is that she mentioned being just into texting, etc.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by SFwinefan SFwinefan.

jsidd
    Participant

Thanks. Definitely felt this was a crazy request; when she defined the dinner as 1/1.5 hours long that sent up a red flag too. The request set off hundreds of red flags, lol.

I’ve met ladies who didn’t ask for anything on a M&G (which are typically full dinners) and then some who asked for a token for the trip (typically from those in college and it’s understandable request).

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  jsidd.
    willow6
    willow6
    Participant

Seriously,Nearly a grand just to meet?Scam or thinks very highly of herself!
    I wouldn’t expect anything for a m+g,only time I imagine the need for it would be if SB had to travel a long way to meet SD but then only expenses.
    I think its nice if a SD does give a gift on m+g,it shows appreciation and a generous nature but I’m talking a box of chocolates or a small amount gift card,not a pandora bracelet or loads of cash and I don’t expect it-afterall if theres no spark you won’t meet again anyway so would be unfair to SD’s.

AFuryforluxury
    Participant

She’s a Pro.

Cecile
    Participant

Honestly wow what a scam. The only reason why my first M&G is also a date is because we are both travelling to the same city… I’m much closer as I work in the region but he doesn’t. Im not even asking for any type of gift. But we both agree we will be discussing/negotiating things during supper.

I hope there are more honest SB/SD out there then the scammers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.