Home Sugar Support Forum™ Advice For the veterans: have the "Lifestyle Expection" amounts decreased?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

CiaoBella
    Participant

Saw this in a post by @SouthernSD:
    “I’ve seen SB that were in long time arrangements come back and have a hard time since SA has changed drastically. They post on here or write something in their profile that eludes to that fact, wake up call, the niche market of SB has been deluded.”
    And wondered if others have experienced anything similar.
    I recently messaged two SB who had been in long terms relationships and their expectations are 3.5K and 5 K allowance per month.
    I still see them active daily on SA for the past several months, so I’m assuming they are either unlucky or for a fact, things have changed with past year or so.

Charmingandwitty
    Charmingandwitty
    Participant

I think @SouthernSD may have meant Diluted instead of Deluded, just to clarify.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Thank god someone understands my posts. That’s correct @Charmingandwitty

And I’m never wrong. Not always right but never wrong.

Will be interesting to see if VSB chime in.

Danielle
    Danielle
    Participant

Well considering I was in that convo, I’ll chime in. I’m still unwilling to go beneath $2500 a month, but I used to get $4k. So…I think that’s a pretty big drop. I’ll still aim for $3k, though.

Somewhat annoyingly, I’ve found many of the men I’m meeting now are more generous in terms of luxury lifestyle offerings than past SDs, but less generous with allowance. And I’m not really into that kind of stuff. It’s nice, but a.) I have a LOT of student loans like many on here and b.) I’ve always been a very practical person. I’d much rather be gifted a new computer than jewelry. I’ll probably only wear it when I’m around him anyway.

Also, side rant, but I don’t think lingerie should be considered gifting since that is more of a gift for the SD.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@Danielle you just made my point. Though you are only one person.

SA has marketed itself to the middle class millionaire’s (aka the millionaire next door types). They have disposable income but not as much, so law of averages kicks in.

Danielle you stated, “Also, side rant, but I don’t think lingerie should be considered gifting since that is more of a gift for the SD.”
    Do you feel that way if your SD bought you a vibrator? I give VS gift cards all the time, the girls usually buy something practical but sexy.

Seattle Slew
    Participant

@SouthernSD,

That is a very good take on SA with the types of profiles most describe finding on the site. On a side note, the millionaire next door is such a good book. Although now a bit outdated, still has a lot of valuable information. I think most SBs need to read this to be able to spot few things about a SD from the get go via probing questions. The old money book is also a good one.

Now to the gift part, I have to side with @Danielle on here. Like her, I can do without the gifts. Not my thing but rather have the cash and apply it to more important things. If I man bought me a vibrator, I’d still feel it was geared more towards him because he’d enjoy it also.

CiaoBella
    Participant

Well, when one talks about “diluted” you have to also consider that there is anecdotal evidence that alot more younger guys (<45 y/o) have jumped on to the SA bandwagon with the idea of making a quick and easy score.

Looking up the financial stats will reveal that only about 2% of the guys <45 make anywhere near the $millions they allege in their profiles. And, I would venture to guess that such guys are way too busy making money to even consider wasting time on SA – lol

LatinBeachBabe
    LatinBeachBabe
    Participant

The Millionaire Next Door is a great book and I think everyone should read it-doesn’t have to be just SBs-it teaches you not only the value of money but from what I’m getting so far (i’m currently reading it right now) is to “ball” smartly and that wealth is for freedom not material gain.

As far as the allowance-me personally I would want the monetary (to help me seek my own personal endeavors/expenses) plus the experiences (traveling with my SD for example) per say rather than gifting in an arrangement however, if the SD I am with sees something when he is out and thinks about me- that means more to me than the actual gift itself but I want it to be because HE wants to do it because for me that is what turns me on.

Now let’s talk about the fun stuff-sex and Victoria Secret-*insert devils horns here*
    Let’s say I get a VS card from @southernSD-I would personally buy something practical that makes me feel good/think about my SD while I wear it on a daily basis- I think it would fit into what I previously said above. Although, if I were to use my own allowance to buy something from VS it would more than likely be something for those very sensual/steamy nights because that what makes me feel good in my own way and I feel like i’m gifting that to my SD.

BUT for the lingerie -i’m a 100% on board with @danielle! but I would happily use the vibrator with my SD as that is a gift for the both of us-in the VS attire that was purchased with the VS card given to me by him 😉 *insert devils horns x two**

Seattle Slew
    Participant

@LatinBeachBabe,

You said “The Millionaire Next Door is a great book and I think everyone should read it-doesn’t have to be just SBs-it teaches you not only the value of money but from what I’m getting so far (i’m currently reading it right now) is to “ball” smartly and that wealth is for freedom not material gain.”

I agree and everyone should read it. It has a plethora of information. I also agree with everything you stated in your post….

lilmissrebel
    lilmissrebel
    Participant

@CiaoBella you’re right. It seems most of the younger POT don’t actually have the disposal income they claim to put into sugaring. And many of them are more on the gifting side. And I agree with you. The real ones of that age group are most likely too busy making their money to deal with SA.
    I understand the lingerie being a gift the SD gets more out of, but I wouldn’t complain about the vibrator (rechargeable, not the regular battery ones).

Danielle
    Danielle
    Participant

@SouthernSD I’d be perfectly happy with a vibrator as a gift :) Unlike the lingerie, that’s more of a gift for both of us.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@Ciaobella. I agree with your younger SD theory, there are guys just using SA to hook up with a hotter girl then they could get IRL. They are also stupid for over inflating their net worth and income. They probably think it’s funny🤷‍♂️. With that said there are quite a few very wealthy young guys out there especially in the Tech world that have no time or the wherewithal for traditional dating and turn to something like SA. They seem to be more the lavish gift/lifestyle then give an allowance type.

You posted the original question, so what is your take on it? Are you a veteran SB? Are you having trouble finding a SD that is willing to gift in the range you desire?

@Danielle. Half of the SB I have been with never owned a vibrator, they do now😈
    The ones that did have some, I upgraded their vibrator game.🙌
    With age comes knowledge, if one knows how to strategically use a vibrator on a woman then one will find much enjoyment in watching said woman squirm in ecstasy😏😎

@lilmissrebel good tip, I’ll use that going forward, I did not think there was a big difference in the type of battery used. Thank you

lilmissrebel
    lilmissrebel
    Participant

@SouthernSD how in the world are there SB or even women in general that don’t own vibrators? As for batteries, yes there are rechargeable ones. But I mean the usb rechargeable vibrators. I got tired of keeping battery companies in business long ago, lol. Thankfully the vibrator designer makes models that plug in to charge, BEST vibe ever!
    I agree with you regarding the younger tech SD, they are more into gift giving than an allowance.
    @Ciaobella the key with a gift giving SD is to try to communicate the gifts you need.

LatinBeachBabe
    LatinBeachBabe
    Participant

@southernsd i heard the rabbit is a good investment

CiaoBella
    Participant

@SouthernSD, no actually I’m a SD…”ciao bella” is slang in Italy for “hi cutie” or “hi beautiful.”
    Wouldn’t call myself a VSD as I’ve only been on SA for a few months, although I have managed to “fill my dance card.” lol
    But over the past couple of months or so, I had contacted at least four pot VSB who had been in long-term relationships and was told they expected: 3, 3.5, 4.5, and 7K(!) per month.
    I recall seeing them actively on SA for my entire time there, so I’m supposing they aren’t having any luck.
    Might just be it takes many months to find a SD willing to gift those amounts, but your comment that I quoted also has me thinking that ‘times they are a’ changing.’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.