Home Forums Advice Ghosted and confused – help!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SouthernSD 5 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NYCbaby92
    Participant

Hi there guys. Hope you could offer some insight on something that happened to me recently.

A few weeks ago, a POT messaged me and wanted to discuss meeting. After talking for a bit, he said he would give me $2500 to meet him and then arrange an allowance. I was skeptical that this would even happen, as I know it sounds too good to be true. We messaged back and forth for awhile and then he suggested a video chat so we could meet. He was working from London that week and we Skyped twice. I could see where he was, so I knew he wasn’t lying. We continued messaging back and forth talking about everything from travel, art, food, etc. He kept mentioning how excited he was to finally meet me and even sent along some restaurant menus so I could pick where we ate.

Anyways, it comes to the day of the date when he’s supposed to arrive back from Europe and I hear nothing. Not a word or cancellation. I’m very confused, because he was the one who initiated contact and seemed quite confident and decisive about our arrangement. I never sent pictures, the conversation never turned sexual, and he didn’t ask for anything sketchy like bank info. Basically, none of those red flags. There were no potential gains for him out of this. Why would he have been eager to video chat and message back and forth with no follow through?

I’m wondering if this has randomly happened to someone before? Why does a POT randomly ghost after consistent contact for no reason?

SouthernSD
    Participant

@nycbaby92
    That’s a weird one, seems everything was in order. Two things come to mind.

1. He was doing this with multiple SB and chose someone else.

2. He got cold feet, maybe he never has done this before.

Happens on our side also.

Malia
    Malia
    Participant

It could also be something critical going on with his work and he is forgetting to relax…he could come back in a few days?

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

The whole thing was a farce. The red flag was offering $2500 just for the M&G. Gas money, or maybe a small gift amount ($50-$100) AFTER the M&G is normal. But I am of the mind he was just having fun here with zero intention of meeting you.

NYCbaby92
    Participant

Right – I definitely kept that in mind especially after he offered money for the M&G. Still don’t see what he gained from this whole thing!

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

It was cheap entertainment. It is possible that he just enjoys pretending to be a big shot.

SouthernSD
    Participant

After further review, I agree with Ambrose. I missed the red flag of a $2500 M&G. Not gonna happen.
    Sucks you wasted your time on this freak.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.