Home Sugar Support™ Forum First Meetings Gift FOR SD at M&G?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NyxTJ NyxTJ 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

OK, I think this may be kind of a strange question but I have not seen it in any posts and …

For SB’s: Do you ever bring a small gift to a M&G to reciprocate if the POT SD offers you a gift and you are very interested in him?

I am not talking about buying anything necessarily. I was thinking maybe a small package of homemade cookies or something similar. I was making homemade raspberry jam this morning and it got me thinking that a small jar of jam or a few cookies in a cute bag might be a nice gesture (you know – to bring a little extra “sweetness” to the first impression).
    Also, not talking about giving in every circumstance, but just when he seems extra special and / or he offers a small gift at the time.

For SD’d: Is that something that you would enjoy or view positively or is it just really silly and dorky?

Thank you!

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

What’s wrong with dorky?

Really, it’s a wonderful idea. It would set you apart as someone who really “gets it” about mutually beneficial/two way street.

Icebag
    Participant

It would tell me that you’re likely someone I’d like spending time with !

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Thank you gentlemen, I really appreciate the feedback😃

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@simplesimone, obviously nothing that costs anything significant. I agree with the prior replies that there is nothing wrong with dorky!

I do want to add a different perspective though. The gift would be appreciated (as nothing is required from the SB on a M&G), but it also would not increase the likelihood of moving from M&G to date to relationship with me. I am judging chemistry – which once we are past that initial visual confirmation her photos match her in real life, it is about the conversation and comfort level together. And does she seem to feel the chemistry with me that I want.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@sfwinefan,

I understand completely. I was suggesting it as a gesture of appreciation for the SDs time and interest, not cookie based manipulation ;-).
    Don’t forget though, they do say baking is really about chemistry…never underestimate the power of a really good homemade chocolate chip pecan cookie to give you a warm tingly feeling!

NyxTJ
    NyxTJ
    Participant

I wouldn’t for a meet and greet – I do make a lot of things with my hands: chocolate, boozey fruit cakes, biscuits, soaps, candles, jams and preserves etc but I only gives these to people who I know will appreciate them.
    I have some arrangements who adore my edible gifts, but only started giving them once we had chemistry established. Other arrangements they would just be too embarrassed for words – and it would probably make them feel like I was being too clingy or emotionally attached!

Wait till you have someone who appreciates your home cooked magic – then enchant them! x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.