Home Forums Confessions Have You Ever Ghosted?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Trina Trina 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kaye
    Kaye
    Keymaster

When and why? Did you feel guilty about it?

nola92
    Participant

I’ve ghosted a few times. Not necessarily ashamed of that. It usually happens when a POT is looking for more than I can offer. I already work two jobs and that’s not something I’m ready to give up yet, which also means I have trouble keeping up with a lot of their texts throughout the day. Then when I finally respond they’re ready to meet up before I’m ready (I like to make sure I’m comfortable before I go ahead with anything). A lot of the times they get really clingy too early on, like the moment we start speaking to each other, which is also not something I’m looking for.

I’ve also been ghosted so I’m not really offended. Usually when it happens someone has already found what they’re looking for or they just don’t feel the connection. It’s something I sort of expect in this area, so I think it’s totally reasonable when it happens!

Kaye
    Kaye
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing Nola92! It’s all too easy to ghost nowadays.. I too have done that many times and have had the favor returned. Why is it so hard for us (as a society) to simply say ‘hey, I’m not interested’?

LoElle
    Participant

I think everyone in the sugar bowl has LOL
    I met a POT sugar daddy 2 days ago for coffee and when we shook hands for our agreement he said “so, you’re my girlfriend?”
    Uhmmm…no, I got a bad vibe from it so I never talked to him again!

Trina
    Trina
    Keymaster

Ghosting is a nasty habit….that being said, I can’t say I’m not guilty of it. I typically used to ghost as a way to avoid an awkward talk or “breakup” because I didn’t have time for it. It was particularly easy to do when I wasn’t very emotionally invested. However, this can be extremely unfair to the other person, so I stopped taking that approach–I find honesty is always the best remedy for almost any situation. If you’ve just met a POT and you’re not feeling it, that’s a different story.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Trina Trina.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Trina Trina.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.