Home Forums Confessions How do you feel about pet names?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Trina Trina 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Katrina G
    Katrina G
    Participant

I personally hate being called ‘honey’ or ‘sweet heart’ over messages. It comes off completely condescending, especially when that’s your opener. I am not a child – do not speak to me like one.

Kinky Geeky Girl
    Participant

I agree completely, and the worst ones are babe and baby. I tell them. I tell them that they don’t know me and they haven’t earned the right to use endearments with me.

Alexis G
    Alexis G
    Keymaster

I completely agree with you lades. Using pet names (especially when you don’t even know the person) comes off extremely presumptuous. Additionally, I don’t like when guys calls me “Queen.” Yes, I know I am a Queen, but you don’t even know me yet so it seems super false.

Tina
    Tina
    Participant

Though I agree… To play devils advocate may I ask if anyone considers it ok to call a POT SD “hun” “babe” or any of the pet names listed above?

Pieceofwork
    Pieceofwork
    Participant

I don’t just dislike it from POTs but also in “regular” dating. It comes off as highly superficial especially when we first meet. I always address it and ask not to be called by those names😤.

Joey
    Joey
    Keymaster

I agree with @pieceofwork when it’s from POT I don’t mind. Especially since as SB’s we do it it too!
    I call them handsome, hot stuff, etc. lol

Now if somebody were to address me as that in organic dating, that is not okay!

-Joey :)

Joey
    Joey
    Keymaster

@AlexisG Queen is one that grinds my gears! Especially since I see myself and other Brown Sugar babies called that more than other SB’s!

However, when it comes to POT’s I let it slide.

-Joey :)

Trina
    Trina
    Keymaster

I feel like that can be tricky. On one hand, pet names can be cute–sometimes. But you’re in a position where you’re already with an older man, and pet names can sometimes make you feel even younger. Couple that with the term “Sugar Baby,” and maybe it becomes a little too much. If he’s set on calling you a pet name, I would definitely discuss one that you two both agree one, something that makes you feel feminine and adored rather than being spoken down to like a child.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.