Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money How much is enough, and how much to too much?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Inamorato Inamorato 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    She is as She does
    She is as She does
    Participant

Hello ladies,

thank god there is a site for this because I’m new to the whole concept of this. I have a POT and we’ve been chatting on SA for a little while now. He is interested in meeting up give or take 2-4 times a month since we are from different areas, but he comes through my city a few times a month. He asked me how much of an allowance I would be looking for that. It has been discussed that it is no strings attached and potentially long term. This is all assuming the first meeting goes well as we would both prefer there to be some sort of natural chemistry there as well.
    So this is where the question comes in:
    How much should I ask for?
    I mean my time is valuable as I work two jobs and go to school, but I dont want to highball him unfairly.

SOS, and Thanks ahead of time

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

There’s no correct answer. Just reading through these forums, some SBs claim to receive $200 per date, others’s $2,000. Both are probably correct.

Location is a major factor. The disposable income of SDs in that area and the ratio of SBs/SDs. SBs that live in DC or are able to easily travel there for dates, are likely to receive higher allowances. You’d need to specify your location to get advice from SBs. Attractiveness to your target SD. Which doesn’t mean you have to be a 20 year old super model if your SD is looking for someone to accompany him to corporate events with intelligent conversation. If you’re who he’s looking for, he’s more likely to offer you incentives.

As this is your first time in the sugar bowl, I’d suggest you come up with some numbers that work for you based on what he’s actually asking for. Is he wanting to meet up twice a month for a couple of hours in a hotel? Or 4 times a month for a evening and perhaps staying overnight? Would you be losing money from your jobs or taking away time from school in those circumstances? Whatever you come up with, it should be something that makes you actually excited for the date ( and here, for most ladies, it’s not a purely financial transaction but who you’re with and what you’re doing together ). Perhaps three numbers – 1. what you’d accept, 2. what you’d be happy with, 3. what you’re dreaming of. Suggest to him that you’re looking for at least #2. If he counters with less than #1, you should just walk away.

Coming at this from a SD point of view, I’ve already decided what I’m prepared to offer – you’re not going to highball me unfairly. Generally, I make an offer first, but if she would counter with a far too high amount, I would laugh and asked what she was seriously looking for. If she didn’t come back to earth, our M&G would effectively be over. On the other hand, I have had a M&G where she suggested a very low amount. I deferred, and at the end of the M&G offered her double. She was very happy, and I had made the offer that I was going to make anyway.

luxurysugarbabe
    Participant

Go over your monthly expenses/bills, and at bare MINIMUM those should be covered.

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

Go over your monthly expenses/bills, and at bare MINIMUM those should be covered.

Obviously, you’re free to ask for whatever amount that you want. However, I doubt that many SBs are getting all their monthly expenses/bills covered by one SD whom they’re meeting up with 2-4 times a month. Nothing wrong with searching for it, but it’s just not a realistic expectation for most SBs. I believe I read a ‘rule of thumb’ here at some point that the average monthly allowance starts at about the equivalent of the rent on a one bedroom apartment in the area. That being the case, you’d need to supplement that income elsewhere.

But then, you could get lucky….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.