Home Sugar Support Forum™ Advice How specific should I be in what I'm looking for?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by DavidSD DavidSD 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clever_Hare
    Clever_Hare
    Participant

I got some very good critique on my profile, so I am working on rebuilding it completely. But I have some questions about how direct I should be about what I am looking for.

For instance, if one of my goals is to get rid of my credit card debt, how obvious should that be while a POT is reading about what I’m looking for? If I were to say, “I’m working on trying to get on solid ground with my DTI ratio so that I can bring my house-hunting goals to a shorter time-horizon,” how does a phrase like that read? Does it read too much like a resume? And should that go under the category of about me or about what I’m looking for?

I’ve taken what I’ve heard to heart, and I think I’m on a better track, but I initially approached this from the wrong direction, so feedback is appreciated.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Clever_Hare Clever_Hare.

Calababy
    Participant

I wouldn’t bring money into the equation. I think it’s okay to say that you are looking for financial assistance but I wouldn’t be discussing debt. That will be a total turn off to many of the SD’s. If you are looking to discuss long term goals it’s definitely okay to say that “one day you hope to purchase the house of your dreams” or something to that nature but don’t discuss the debt along with it.

Clever_Hare
    Clever_Hare
    Participant

Gotcha. Very helpful. Thank you, that answers my question.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

Calababy is totally right.

Remember to answer the 2 key questions:

1. What is unique and special about you?
    2. Why will you make a SD’s life better?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.