Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice I don't trust my pot

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SFwinefan SFwinefan 3 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angela Star
    Participant

He keeps asking for my bank info and says he can’t use paypal or venmo bc he has a commercial business account. I’m obviously new to this, so I made the mistake of texting him when he gave me his phone number through an app instead of messaging him there. I’ve only been texting him a few days, and I don’t even know his full name. He gave me his bank account number and the last 4 digits of his ssn to prove I could trust him, but I’m still too afraid to give him my bank info. I kind of like talking to him, so I don’t want to cut him off, but I just don’t know how much I can trust him. What should I do?

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

Okay, I will assume you’re not trolling us, and I am going to refrain from the avalanche of snark that should come your way.

Do you remember the warning about never sharing your banking information with someone online when your joined seeking? It is because that is never (like really, really, never ever until the Cubs win the World Series) a legitimate request. A simple search should get you literally hundreds of threads on here saying that very thing.

PS: Aw crud the Cubs one the Series? Okay, nothing is forever …. other than Never give someone your banking information!

Angela Star
    Participant

I apologize for the repetitive question. I didn’t manage to find similar questions until after I posted. I just didn’t think someone would continue trying to scam me after repeatedly telling him I wouldn’t give him my bank info, and I was shocked when he gave me what I thought was his. I just don’t really want to stop talking to him? Idk, I’m stupid.

Also, I don’t really have an account on Seeking Arrangement. I just came here to ask the question.

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@Angela Star, first, you’re not stupid – and if that sense came across in my reply, you have my apologies as that was not intended.

What you ran into is a repetitive question on something obvious. Your instinct was right, which gets me to the essential thing. Listen to your instincts! There are unsavory people out there who will take advantage of you. And yes, even after you’ve said no once, they will keep working on it in the hopes over time you’ll drop your guard. Finally, providing fake/someone else’s information is an easy way to ‘prove’ himself to you. So it’s all part of the scam.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.