Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Importance of profile details

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

Hi everyone, now that I am looking again, I want to share a great example of how not to construct a profile – as demonstrated by the communication I had with an SB. In the sorts of profile reviews that get requested, these sorts of details do not get addressed since the issue is inaccuracies that gave me a reason to pass. She pinged me when I had a number of M&G’s set up so I told her not now (several of which turned out to be no shows, so I’m still looking). She pinged me again which was the perfect thing to do but on reviewing her profile in more detail – I gave her 4 reasons for not moving forward:

(1) No detail in her profile – one line about being ‘fun’ in her about me and one line about ‘mutual benefits’ in her seeking section. I have no way to see if we can make a connection.
    (Not addressed in her reply)

(2) Light smoker – it’s a deal breaker for me.
    (Apparently she no longer smokes – so it would not apply anymore)

(3) A minor item – she lists location as SF but noted she’s across a bridge (highlighted with *** in her profile write up). This can be a major headache for connecting so lowers the interest.
    (Apparently she lives just south of SF, less than 5 miles from me – but not where her profile noted)

(4) Another minor item – the tattoos in one of her photos are a negative for me but not a deal breaker on their own.
    (Apparently they were temporary for Halloween)

In short, if her details were accurate, I would have merely asked for more information since her profile was so bare.

Ladies, remember, men have many options on the site – so we are picky and looking for that right match. The details can (and do) matter.

Beach_Waves_4_Days
    Beach_Waves_4_Days
    Participant

Thank you for the great reminder. I try to stay updated on my profile and informative too. Hopefully one day the right POT will be intrigued to connect.

Siegfried
    Participant

Thanks Winefan! Interestingly I am also looking right now. Lot of interesting observations too. I’ll try to post some of them. Also get lots of one liner messages such as “hi”, “How are you this morning” etc etc. Want to compare notes? Lol. I’ll send you an email.

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@siegfried, happy to compare notes, even over a Scotch sometime.

I actually do not mind the ‘hi’ to break the ice. A more that shows that my stellar (but not Smithsonian worthy) profile had been read is much better.

😁

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Wow, 2 of my favorite guys are looking but on the entirely wrong coast! No fair😢.

Well I wish you both luck and happiness 😘😘😘

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

Awww, thank you @simplesimone. That presupposes I’m not too old for you!

I hope you’re doing well.

Siegfried
    Participant

Thanks @simplesimone! I second what Winefan said! 😊 I will be in New York at the end of April. Perhaps we can grab a drink or lunch/dinner if time permits?
    @sfwinefan – Sounds good. I’ll send you an email to coordinate.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Awwww, @sfwinefan, how very gallant of you not to mention that I am too old for you. I knew I liked you!

@siegfried, I’d love to. Thanks, email me when your plans / dates firm up and hopefully we can figure something out! Also, I’m too old for you as well 😉

BTW, “Old” is the new “Awesome and Marvelously Well Seasoned” just so you know…

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

Nonsense @simplesimone, you’re not too old at all! It’s just that the commute to your ursine invested region is a challenge. I struggle with a mere bridge so 3,000 miles is well beyond my tolerance.

@siegfried, you’ll enjoy a wonderful time with a lovely date if you do connect with Simone.

PS: I thought “OLD” was merely On Line Dating

josieforyou
    Participant

@sfwinefan and @sigfried – either of you want a profile review? 😉
    Always curious what the regular poster’s profiles are like!

Siegfried
    Participant

Would love to @josieforyou. Although I haven’t tried very hard and just dipping my toe into the bowl. And got inundated with lots of “hi how are you” and private photo requests. 🙂 Even ladies as far away as India and Eastern Europe!

Is there a DM or email I can send you my profile info? Don’t really want to post it.. 🙂

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

Awww, @josieforyou, thank you! Although I’m loath to give away all of my secrets posting my profile openly.

Siegfried
    Participant

@simplesimone – Sent you an email regarding my NY trip. I’ll bring a bottle of wine from my cellar. 😊🍷

And @sfwinefan – sent you an email about comparing notes over a drink or two.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Siegfried.
    SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@siegfried

Your email seems to have missed its mark my friend. I will keep an eagle eye out and look forward to connecting!

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@siegfried, got it, and I’ll reply shortly.

More importantly for you and @simplesimone, if you’re having challenges connecting, I can now do the introduction!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.