Home Sugar Support™ Forum Fashion Leggings?!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Malkoi02 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Newbiegal
    Participant

Alright ladies and gents. What’s your take on leggings? I have an extensive leggings collection with cute patterns (not kittens, more paisley and such) as well as solid colors. I love pairing them with an extra long sweater or an untucked button down. I’ve got nothing on top, but a great booty so I love the style to wear something loose on top and tight leggings on bottom.
    So for something actually formal, a nice dinner or special event, leggings are always 100% out. But what about the average date with SD? Just dinner out and fun after? Leggings and a sweater are appropriate or what? One SD loved my leggings (no undies line 😉) while I haven’t tried them with my new SD as we always go out to nicer places so dresses.
    What’s your take?

Expired
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Expired.

Tasteful, dark, non-see through leggings, jeggings & leather look leggings can work for a casual or trendy dinner spot. Even to grab a drink.

I will usually opt for dresses to highlight my legs but as it gets colder leggings, tights & high boots will be my friends!

When in doubt I always go classic, crisp or dark. Black or charcoal palates w nude or white accents. If I’m feeling fancy silver or gold.

TCM
    Participant

This side of the pond, from the men of my age group 40’s plus, who I have spoken too when the subject has arisen, women going out effectively in a pair of tights – NO!
    Even those with the figure to look stunning… it is regarded as going around out in your underwear!

They are for dancers in a dance situations etc. If wanting to ware under a dress, tights, stockings …

I know if I had turned up in leggins I would not have been taken to the restaurants I have been, and I would tactfully have never made it past a first meeting… may be I just attract that type of man…. so just a view point from a more mature person pre leggins era….

(I later discovered that due to how I arrived at a first meeting, he abandoned plans to take me where he had planned and went straight to one of the most expensive restaurants in the area!)

I’d caution against it on the first date or M&G. Just as I won’t wear a certain lipstick color & rarely veer from my LBD in these situations.

BUT… a trendy spot or a local pub on a brisk night? Black jeans, jeggings or textured leggings (in that order), boots or booties a cute top/ sweater and a stylish jacket may be my go to.

Not all of em look like underwear. But boy when you see the ones that do it’s never good!!

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

LBD?

Lesbian Belly Dancer?
    Little Black Dick?
    Lactating Baby Daddy?

I’m so confused.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

I figured it out, it’s Little Black Dress! A almost had it with the dick (story of my life).

TCM
    Participant

Gosh how many times have you SD suggested profiles have a photo of a LBD?

Your profile photo says it all lol!!

From the men I have spoken with, agree some of them covered up may not at first hand LOOK like under ware, ultimately they are, and it would never go down well with them.
    As I say just the circles I move in, and the discussions I, as someone who does not ware them has had.

Keep in mind, as I am older, and do not ware them, I often have people open up more truthfully, for various reasons… an older SD may not like them, however to keep a beautiful young SB he may not say if he does not ….. just a little food for thought, he may keep his mouth shut about a few things… being mature, and many of us have been married for 20 years, or so, we are good at evaluating what to say and when, and what not to say and when not to say it…. as Mum, ex wife and mistress…

… do note the make up of this thread …..

Newbiegal
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’ve worn solid, dark leggings with a gauzy tops and heals for drinks which went over fine. I live in the northeast in USA, so it’ll be too cold for most cocktail dresses in a matter of a week or two. I think I’ll just have to up my cable knit tights collection to compensate for the cold weather with dresses.

ElleWinters
    ElleWinters
    Participant

I’ve been complimented on my outfit when I’ve worn wet look/leather look leggings on casual dinner dates with heeled boots and a nicer (tunic length) sweater, but I don’t think I would do so on a M&G or until I had established a good connection with someone. And definitely not to a nice restaurant or upscale lounge.
    Leggings can be a fine line where if you pair them with a more conservative top and nicer shoes/accessories they can be passable but it’s pretty easy for them to fall into the casual/sloppy category if the outfit as a whole doesn’t work so I try to be conscious of that and err on the side of caution.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

I love leggings and on the right girl look great. (Some girls shouldn’t wear them)
    As the fabulous SB above have stated there is a place and time for them. If I’m planning a nice dinner at an upscale restaurant and my SB shows up in leggings, now we will be going to IHOP or Waffle House.

P.S. I want to shake hands with Chip Wilson one day. That man has made many men very happy. (Search him if you don’t know who he is)

TCM
    Participant

I have since read some profiles that stated, if you arrived to meet me dressed in leggings, we will never meet again ….

So make sure you know your SD feelings, down scaling or out scaling 😉

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

If Chip Wilson is the guy that invented yoga pants, then his birthday should be a national holiday.

sf_flowerchild
    sf_flowerchild
    Participant

@davidsd he is the founder of Lululemon. Lululemon yoga pants and athletic leggings are amazing! A good pair almost feels like you have no pants on.
    If I could I would wear no bra and yoga pants or leggings everyday of my life. But unfortunately I have to be a professionally dressed and productive member of society 😔

Newbiegal
    Participant

I wear a bra roughly 2× weekly on a regular basis. The only time you’ll be guaranteed to see me wearing one is when I’m running.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.