Home Sugar Support™ Forum News Look what made Good Housekeeping!!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by LorenaRamba LorenaRamba 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

This article ended up in my email promo’s
    GHK getting in on the Sugarbowl even a shoutout to SA.

Enjoy:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a45257/cougar-baby-in-love-sugar-daddy/?src=nl&mag=ghk&list=nl_gga_news&date=080617

Malia
    Malia
    Participant

Your reading repertoire surprises me. Good Housekeeping….really?! LOL

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Got to be well rounded Malia 😉

Brie
    Brie
    Participant

Hey, the more publications involved, the more familiar the general public becomes with the lifestyle.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@brie that is the exact opposite of what most of us want. I want to watch the news not be on it. Nice quiet discreet sugar life is much better then a marching band coming through my house.

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

@brie yeah I also am not a fan of this lifestyle becoming more well known. There are already an endless flow of women who think being a SB is easy, and that SDs will just hand them money for being cute. Leading far too many women to enter into the Bowl with the wrong expectations, and causing them to taken advantage of. At best.

Brie
    Brie
    Participant

@ambrose @southernsd so you want the lifestyle to still be considered taboo? Should websites like SeekingArrangement not be made so easily available to you?

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

I would rather have this lifestyle taboo, if it mean the quality was higher. The amount of SBs that I’ve talked to over the years that did not understand what it takes to be a SB is incredibly high. (I’m sure the same can be said for new SDs) This leads to a lot of women who just dip their toes in to check the water. Or those that are demanding and full of ‘princes syndrome’. Or those that get taken advantage of because they believe the lies/marketing for this lifestyle. And that last one drives me nuts.

I’m also a quality over quantity guy. I would rather the ratio be 3-1 instead of 10 or 14 to 1 if it meant that the SBs I am dealing with know at least the basics of the Bowl.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@brie
    I feel you missed the point. Taboo would insinuate that I’m against the lifestyle itself, which obviously I’m not. What I’m saying is I would rather this lifestyle stay as a low key, under the radar as possible. I would rather not see this go mainstream and not receive a lot of press then this will draw in the curious but not serious crowd. Those “jump on the band wagon” types will water this down and make it even harder, especially for the SB. Plus the curious, nosey, and scammers will show up and start looking through the accounts to see if they know anybody. I personally do not want to be outed.

The business man/Capitalist in me understands that SA likes the exposure and will bring in more people thus more revenue but the other side of me wants this keep flying under the radar.

Lastly, it doesn’t matter if this website is readily available to me, the sugar lifestyle already existed before hand and there are other venues and methods to attract and find SB. I have no issue in real life finding SB, it just requires a little more work. There has always been girls attracted to this lifestyle and just waiting for the right gentleman to come along.

Brie
    Brie
    Participant

@ambrose @southernsd I understand your perspectives as I am just adding another viewpoint. I think that this is a good topic to discuss. If SeekingArrangement were to continue to expand with this presence of “jump on the band wagon, princess syndrome, watered-down” environment, would you continue using it in the light of your positive experiences or leave it altogether?

Ambrose
    Ambrose
    Participant

I would have no problems leaving SA. There is a tipping point for Sugar. I don’t know what those numbers are, but when I see it I will know. And at that point I will move off SA back to freestyling. The last 18 months I’ve had put more energy into finding a SB(s) than I had the 5ish years before hand. There will come a time when the energy in does not equal the fun out. And, at least to me, the number one issue are the hidden advertisements that sell this “lifestyle” with lies. Enough to drown out the solid SBs from those that do not know better.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@brie. My city will probably always be a solid place to find SB through SA, I would countinue using it unless I just could not find one at all. I do not believe that will happen any time soon. When I started sugaring there were 8000 SB listed in a 50 mile radius of this city now it’s around 14,000.
    I have become well versed in reading profiles and asking the right questions right away so as not to waste anybody’s time.
    The diversity on SA still makes it appealing to find a different type of SB then I would IRL.

One thing we can always count out, late summer into fall there is always a fresh crop of freshmen SB looking for help with college tuition.

LorenaRamba
    LorenaRamba
    Participant

I think more people are turning to online dating in general —I don’t think this is just an SA problem as far as what you consider “watered down” or risking more scammers/nosey people to expose you. Maybe there are more SB’s on SA because they are tired of dating apps such as Tinder or POF and want to find someone more financially stable. Just because they are not familiar with the bowl, doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to give it a shot. A lot of online dating apps can be exhausting after searching for a while (even years and still not being completely successful), but you can’t expect to find the perfect SB with only a few clicks…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.