This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Chiapanean Chiapanean 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lilmissrebel
    lilmissrebel
    Participant

SB- questions for your nail trends… Do you get a simple yet elegant natural manicure or do you go for a full nail set when you know you’re seeing your POT?

Charmingandwitty
    Charmingandwitty
    Participant

I like simple and elegant because it can lend itself to any situation and outfit, it’s more versatile. French manicures, nude polish and a shear glittery pink are my go-tos, occasionally I throw in black because it makes me happy. Also, if your nude polish chips, it’s not as visible and chipped nail polish is a pet peeve of mine.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

My apologies for posting on this thread but I wanted you and all SB to know this important fact.
    99% of SD have no idea if you did your own nails or if they were done by a professional nor do we care.
    As long as they look nice and you moisturize.

The following was a PSA.

Danielle
    Danielle
    Participant

I wear bare nails and just keep them clean (I’m allergic to the ingredients in most nail polish).

BUT, I did want to relay that this topic has come up with several SDs (when they’re complaining about all of the fake SBs they’ve met) and they always complain about overly long or pointy acrylic nails (they don’t actually know they’re called acrylics though lol). So I’d agree with @charmingandwitty to keep it simple. They won’t turn anyone off and no one’s going to say “Man, I wish she had crazier nails.”

Charmingandwitty
    Charmingandwitty
    Participant

@southernsd LOL Knowing is half the battle. I’ll be doubly sure to moisturize before my future dates.

LatinBeachBabe
    LatinBeachBabe
    Participant

coconut oil always works as a great moisturizer 😉

lilmissrebel
    lilmissrebel
    Participant

I agree with @latinbeachbabe Iove coconut oil and how well it is at moisturizing.

Chiapanean
    Chiapanean
    Participant

Hi there! I know this thread is a little older but I really wanted to ask for advice about nails. So I’m a nail technician by trade and I tend to do a lot of what most consider over the top sets on myself all the time. I don’t think about it much because for me, my nails are advertising. That being said, I’m worried about how it will look to a POT. I’ve stated in my profile that I am a nail technician but I’m unsure as to whether a POT will understand that ‘crazy’ nails come with the territory. I’m more than happy to tone it down if it’s for an event or something along those lines, but in general they’ll be done in whatever manner is trendy at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.