Home Sugar Support Forum™ Ethnic Natural Hair

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by areila21 areila21 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SugarForYourCoffee
    SugarForYourCoffee
    Participant

Good Morning Sugars !

I was just wondering what are some people’s experiences with wearing their hair natural while sugaring. Is it something that even crosses your mind or do you just proceed to slay. Do you guys do protective styles like braids or prefer weaves more. In your experience what do you think the SD’s prefer? I know that everyone is different, but I was just wondering if there are any experiences that you guys have noticed occur more often than not.

Samantha
    Participant

They prefer a weavy wonder (weave). I would say once you get comfortable you can do all that but initially, just get a weave.

Joey
    Joey
    Keymaster

I don’t know if I completely agree with Samantha. I couldn’t tell you the amount of men (especially white men) that love my natural curls. Even when I’ve had braids during the summer time, they love it!

But like you said , it may differ from SD to SD.

yhunnysuckle
    yhunnysuckle
    Participant

I agree there are some one who like curls, but what if your hair extra kinky?

Protective styles sound fine to me, but I am not sure. I don’t have much experience.

Newbie33
    Participant

Hi…I just started my life as a SB and I’m all natural. So far I didn’t have any problem during M&G with natural hair, in fact they love my hair. But my Daddy want me to straighten my hair..not now. Anyway I told him I don’t like that idea. We been together for a month, so far no issue.

ppppink
    ppppink
    Participant

I find that many men really love the natural look more than you would think they would. I felt apprehensive about posting my photos with my locks but got a lot of positive feedback on them. When I want to change up I wear a wig (curly, straight, red, blue etc). But for the past few months, Ive totally abandoned the wigs. Guys love the afros (curly or kinky) locks, and updos. As long as your hair looks neat, clean and smells good. xo

areila21
    areila21
    Participant

So when I started my journey on SA I was wearing a straight long wig. After my first M&G my pot SD asked me if the hair was real? And at the time I told him no but that it was impolite since he wouldn’t ask me if I was another race. He then asked more questions about my actual hair. When we established our first date, I wore my natural hair out and he loved it, even gave me a head massage. I later got braids in protective style and while he liked it he loved my short blonde fro. I just recently met another pot who complimented me in person about liking my hair when I was wearing the wig. The second I was meeting him I had my hair out naturally and told him I changed up hair style and he loved it. I think you would be surprised about the amount of positive feedback you would get having your natural hair out. I mean it’s a very distinguishing difference that sets us apart from other races. Why not embrace it ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.