This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hoosierdaddy 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    valkyrium.tremens
    valkyrium.tremens
    Participant

While browsing came across a profile I hadn’t seen before, so decided to click through… All standard, until I see a link to “upgrade to message” in green. Yes that’s right, with my sb account being recommended to upgrade to premimum to be able to message an sd…..

This is new, smacks of moneygrabbing on Seeking’s part and seems counter-productive in terms of finding an sd who is actually capable of sharing his wealth. So, just a heads up, I guess. Feel free to add your opinions though.

SugarPill
    Participant

Does it pop up when visiting a diamond member only?

valkyrium.tremens
    valkyrium.tremens
    Participant

I no longer see it on the account where it sbowed up, that person was not Diamond. Maybe it was a glitch during setup. All i see on some accounts now is sn option to send message from a textbox in their profile, and has a green button nearby to inform if someone is online right now.

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

I’m so glad to hear that it was a temporary glitch. Seeking has made some dumb decisions recently, but not allowing SBs to initiate contact for free would be kicking a Grizzly cub in front of its mother level stupid.

valkyrium.tremens
    valkyrium.tremens
    Participant

This type of cowboy coding directly on the live site is incredibly risky, not to mention it looks highly unprofessional. Changes and testing should be implemented on a test-site mirror and only released on the live site when it checks out. And yes there have been non-Premium daddies I have wanted to contact and not been able to, but I don’t think SB being able to pay to send messages is the right way to go.

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

I’m confused. When I’m not looking for an SB, I don’t maintain premium status, yet women contact me constantly. I assumed all SBs are able to communicate for free. Not true?

valkyrium.tremens
    valkyrium.tremens
    Participant

Yes, SBs are free to contact, but a non-premium daddy cannot read or send messages. For a while earlier this year I had premium access and could see who was premium, I guess that is what I am referring to. Because of course otherwise I have no way of knowing who is premium and not.

By the way I am not sure if I should have posted this in News, or if it has been moved here (I thought I did post in News, but maybe finger slipped on the phone).. but it seems the wrong subforum to my mind.

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

Ok, that makes more sense. (Your only knowing premium from free by your own status.)

I wondered why you would choose this topic. Just blame it on autocorrect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.