Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Not wanting to discuss arrangment on SA???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keith 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lilith Girl
    Lilith Girl
    Participant

Hello lovely people,

Been back in the bowl a few months now but looking more avidly now and noticing a repeat issue that’s starting to grind my gears .

I have spoken to a few POT’s now who seem reluctant to discuss the sort of arrangment and allowance on SA and keep asking to take coms off site ( mostly to whatsapp ) is this abit shady?

Last one has ignored my request to see photos, even though he appears to have two hidden on his profile, won’t discuss the arrangement and just keeps asking to whatsapp, I wouldn’t mind so much but previously have shared my whatsapp with a few pots now and other than being asked for nude photos don’t seem to get anywhere. What am I missing or doing wrong? How should I handle this paranoia of discussing what he seeks on SA?

Siegfried
    Participant

You are not doing anything wrong. It seems a bit shady. The only thing I can think of is if someone is worried about security on the site. One option is to get a Google voice account and use it for sms. You can use a google voice # for WhatsApp but it can be a bit complicated. Another possibility is to get a new prepaid SIM card and use it for setting up a separate WhatsApp account. Do not use you existing mobile # and WhatsApp account. I still think he may be a scammer.

Lilith Girl
    Lilith Girl
    Participant

What about if their premium members? Could they still be a scammer?

Siegfried
    Participant

Hmm.. perhaps less likely then but hard to tell. As a SD I don’t see other SDs. Perhaps some of the ladies here can chime in. In any case it is good practice to create a separate WhatsApp, email, and phone accounts.

Keith
    Participant

It is increasingly common for people to want to have any detailed conversations outside of the SA messaging system. Allowance details and particularly one-time short term meetings can be perceived badly even when they are completely within the site terms. I’ve had people want to discuss details elsewhere more and more often, and I don’t think it is dodgy at all.

Not to say that scammers don’t *also* push for this, but so do careful solid people as well.

And there’s a whole discussion to be had on how to be safely discreet through commonly available apps (and Google Voice or anything tied to your actual phone isn’t it as noted above)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Keith.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Keith.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.