Home Sugar Support™ Forum News Our privacy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

meganurock
    Participant

My previous post was deleted so I’m reposting this – (Admin: if you’re going to delete this again grateful if you can post publicly why you’re removing it)

There are new EU laws about protecting our data if we’re european citizens. Given SA has lots of european members what steps are you taking to safeguard our information?
    I understand you use data about customers to help with marketing but its not very clear what.
    What steps are you taking to ensure you don’t get hacked (like Ashley Madison) and not missing our european citizens data internally?

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

I do not work or represent SA in any way. I can tell you that the way SA handles payment is totally different then what Ash Mad did. SA does not store any payment info or your associted address etc required for payment. Its handled by a third party and some kind of confirmation code is sent to SA that payment went through. SA only stores what you put in your profile, so be diligent about what you have loaded. Plus, Ash Mad was an insider job and they stored everyones data on thier servers instead of using a third party.

meganurock
    Participant

As u don’t work or represent SA u probably dont have sufficient infor to answer the question but the official answer should interest u and others.
    Even though they don’t store payment info they have a duty of care to ensure the providers are.
    Who’s to say SA won’t have an insider job or lack of care? Users of the site already know they log IP addresses and can read private messages.
    Would u useful to hear from the horses mouth about where, how, what, when, why, etc data is stored and processed by them

Danielle
    Danielle
    Participant

@meganurock that came off as a little rude. Considering you’re asking this in a forum that’s as good of an answer as you’re going to get. If you want better you’re going to have to contact SA directly.

But in all honesty, never give any info on any site online that you can’t afford to have revealed. The new laws will help, but they’re not a perfect solution. Learning from history, hacking is always possible.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@meganurock if you are that paranoid and insecure then the online dating/arrangements are not going to work for you. Your best bet is IRL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.