Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Profile Feedback Needed!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Apple94 Apple94 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Apple94
    Apple94
    Participant

Hi! So I’ve been in the sugar bowl for at a month now but no luck. I’ve gotten a few favorites and there’s a couple of SD that keep viewing my profile (like once every couple of days) but they never message me. They are both close to me and I’ve send them a “Hi” message but no response (and they are still visiting my profile!). I’ll copy my profile below, hopefully I can get you insights. Happy seeking! (:

About Me
    Outgoing, music lover. Almost have a major in communications (working on completing my thesis) and a minor in broadcasting.
    Well-traveled within my country (never been out of my country but looking forward to it). I speak english, spanish and some german. With a taste for cultural outings like going to museums, watch ballet, classical music concerts, plays. Also like going to the movies (both hollywood or indie, specially love argentinian ones).
    Love to read but it feels like I haven’t read so many classics yet. Love Oscar Wilde and JL Borges.
    I consider myself an old soul

* Animal lover (As in I love animals haha)
    *I don’t normally use make up but am a girl that knows how to dress up or dress down, according to the occasion

What I’m looking for

Looking for a drama-free mutually beneficial arrangement with someone fun and intelligent. Would love to be mentored by someone successful. Love to travel and do outdoors activities like hiking or lake swimming together.

Show me how you can take care of me and you’ll have my undivided attention, loyalty, affection and care.

We can start by exchanging a few messages first but eventually I’d like to meet in person. I’m very respectful of people’s time and schedules, please be the same.

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@apple94, the first thing to know is that men (SD’s) need a premium account if they are going to be able to read and reply to your message. It is entirely possible that the ones who keep coming back are not currently premium members. I believe that is one of the most significant benefits of a Premium membership for SB’s, which is seeing who can actually correspond with you.

Now, on to your profile …

Overall it is pretty good as you tell us something about the things you enjoy. I have no idea who put out the recommendation about using the “old soul” line, but I see it not infrequently on profiles. At this point it is very general and feels fake, so I’d ditch it. I would hone your what you’re looking for section a bit. You have some decent things in there – but think about what it is like from his perspective to spend time with you – what makes you stand out above the 20 closest other SBs.

The best advice I have ever read on a profile thread, I will paraphrase here – think about the SD you want. What is he like, what interests him, and then write the profile to capture his attention.

Apple94
    Apple94
    Participant

Ditched the old soul line haha never knew it was so popular! Thanks! I’ll try to sharpen my “what I’m looking for” section. (:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.