Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Profile & Messaging Advice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by SFwinefan SFwinefan 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vincygirl258
    Vincygirl258
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’ve had a seeking profile for a good while now and have always looked at the site but was never quite sure how to start. I set up my profile similarly to my usual dating profiles but I’m not quite sure it works. Would love some advice on how to improve my profile. Vincygirl258, 22, Philadelphia

Would also love advice on how to start a conversation, I’ve talked to some potential SDs before and a few have favorited me but for the most part, I don’t get a lot of messages beyond the favoriting and viewing process.

Any and all advice appreciated!

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Vincygirl258 Vincygirl258.

busybee99
    Participant

When It comes to starting conversations, I usually read their profile first and find something that grabs my attention. That way when I go to message someone i”m not sending the generic “hello how are you?” This also lets them know that you read their profile and are very interested in them.

josieforyou
    Participant

Post your username, location and age here so SDs can find you and do a profile review.
    As busybee99 said, I find it best to initiate conversation by commenting on something in their profile.

Vincygirl258
    Vincygirl258
    Participant

Thanks ladies 🙂

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@vincygirl258, you’re lucky I read the dated post today. I assume your edit was to add your ID per @Josie’s recommendation. Unfortunately that does not put the thread back to the top of the list.

Now, to the review of your profile:

Photos: They cover the basics, smile, face, and you dressed up. The quality of the pictures could be improved. I also might see if you can get one not quite so zoomed in on your face for the main photo.

About me: Meh. You start and end saying you’re not experienced and not sure how to reach out to someone. That is a waste. The rest of the section blends the very general with some good tidbits about theatre, etc. that you enjoy. Do much more of that.

What you want: Dang girl, if you cannot even put in the effort to fill that out, why would I think you’ll put effort into being my Sugar Baby.

In short, you need to SHINE. Do that, make yourself appealing and show some effort. That is especially true since you have a couple of things that likely narrow the number of SD’s who will find you appealing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.