So I was talking to a Sugar mommy who I was skeptical about. I asked my bank what info to give “a friend” looking to deposit w/o giving them access/personal info. I gave that person my banking account number, routing number, and name so I should be ok. She sent me a check for me to deposit but it was fraud. I was going to meet her but she cut off after that. How do I know if an account is real w/o background check (besides google)? What are signs of a scammer? Is there a better way to ask them to give me money without a deposit check (incase this were to happen again)? What do I tell the bank/collectons if they call about it?
@Zach, so, you have a couple of signs that this is a scam:
1) You ran across a sugar momma. They are about as frequent as jackalopes and unicorns.
2) You got offered something other than cash.
3) You got asked about your banking information.
4) The person does not want to meet in person.
5) You appear to be getting money for nothing … as it sounds like you never even met.
I will stop there. As to what to say if you get asked… I recommend the truth.
@sfwinefan, I have looked through a lot of these forums on this site. Also, watched YT videos. I’m more knowledgeable now. So only sugar daddies then? I mean orginally the person did want to meet in person, we were planning on meeting a while after she sent me the first check. But after she went silent. I appreciate your input, Thank you.