Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money SD paid credit card?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by teamswirl teamswirl 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant

Hey so im new to the SB thing and I found a SD and he paid off my credit card for 500. We’ve been going back and forth with arguments because I changed my password temporally. The payment went through and I called the credit card company to see why I haven’t gotten it and they said it was on hold till Saturday, and they could release it with his consent. So when they called him he didn’t want to. So the payment has posted to my account, but he wants me to cancel it. What do I do?! Can I get into trouble if I don’t?

ExoticHoneyDip
    Participant

Hi! Very new sugar baby here .. The same is happening with me right now. I started speaking to a man TODAY on instagram, mind you.. and we barely even got into depth with conversation .. He told me he’s ready to have his assistant put me on his payroll for a weekly allowance of 300 dollars .. cool. That made me a little apprehensive because I barely got to tell him ANYTHING about me. So he asks for my bank , I tell him I don’t usually give out that info and ask if he uses western union, paypal or cashapp which to me would be ideal because it’s very low key .. he tells me no. So i’m like okay .. well what about a prepaid card? he asks what kind & I tell him it’s a NetSpend card ..

He goes “Oh, that isn’t cool babe.” Then he tells me he’ll have his assistant make out the check tomorrow and he’ll send me 300 to get my hair and nails done to prove to him that he’s real … but he wants to know who I bank with. A little help? Plus is there any way I can make a quick online banking account to see where this goes? though I’d prefer to use CashApp or Paypal ..

[email protected]
    Participant

Hey! It sounds like scam to me. I only wanted to do the cash apps but he said my credit would he good. I’m not sure since I’m new too

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

It’s 100% a scam. Even if you create a new online bank account, he’ll use it for money laundering, drug dealing and scamming other SBs.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Holy [email protected] I just made a post about this a few hours ago in the post previous to this. Does nobody read or use the search function. You both need to deactivate your accounts until you understand what this is about.

Here is my post :

Why are you wasting one breath on these scammers. Scammers are so obvious on both sides of the fence.
    The second any kind of message about bank info or credit cards, google cards, stop the conversation, report them and block them.
    There is no reason to think its real no matter what your situation is. Seattleslew is correct many have moved over to SA so keep reporting them.

Just keep in mind that a legit SD will NOT do the following:
    -ask for any kind of banking information BEFORE MEETING or probably ever
    -offer to pay off any credit credit cards, bills, loans BEFORE MEETING
    -offer to transfer a large amount of money then wire some back
    – have an account manager
    -be out of the country and want to send you money BEFORE MEETING
    -ask you to buy any kind of credit card
    -ask you to open a new account at a bank

What a legit SD will do:
    – meet you for coffee or drinks
    – let you know he wants to see you again
    – 2nd meeting proffer and arrangement and gift you with cash or gifts

why do they do this?
    Because desparate girls fall for this everyday. I know because they DM me on IG asking what they can do.
    This is saddening and maddening that common sense has left the room.

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@southernsd, thank you.

I almost posted on one of these threads yesterday, but deleted it as the frequency of these questions (and that no one even bothers to search/read the prior posts) frustrates me as well. My note was waaayyyy too snarky for me to feel comfortable posting it.

Babybeth
    Participant

I was contacted by someone named Derek Schaap. He claimed he was a wealthy attorney that wanted to pay off my credit card debt. I was extremely apprehensive about giving out my login info to my credit cards. He said he needed it to pay them off. I finally gave in. He logged in and within minutes he paid $11,000 on 3 cards. He then asked me to get him a $50 itunes card to prove I wasn’t scamming him. Which I truly wasn’t. I would’ve gladly dated him but he said he was out of the country for 2 weeks. I purchased a $50 card after I saw the money post. I sent him a pic of it and went to bed. In the morning I wanted to check to make sure it had gone through so I logged in. When I did it asked me to change my password. I did and saw that al $11,000 had posted. I then get messages from him very upset that I changed my password. He demanded I give him the new one so he could check if it cleared. I happened to be really sick with a UTI and went to the doctor. He harassed me all day. He threatened to kill me and my family if I didn’t give him my password. He then demanded that I gp get $1500 of itunes cards. I am not sure what to make of this. He did pay $11,000 and I would get him the 15 $100 itunes cards but I am not into illegal stuff. There were small balances left on my cards so I paid the remainders off and closed the accounts. Any advice would be helpful. I’ve never dealt with anything like this.

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

Did you not read any of the warnings when you created your SA account? Never, ever give out your bank details to someone online.

The $11,000 transfer was fraudulent and will be canceled within a few days leaving you back $11,000 in debt, plus whatever you’ve already sent to him. Don’t send him anything else. Report the profile to SA and block him. He’s not going to kill you or your family. Chances are, he’s a pimply faced teenager in some eastern European country.

Babybeth
    Participant

And I’m ok with that. I didn’t ask him for anything. So if that is what happens I’d be ok with that. But I’m worried that from all the crazy messages I’ve gotten he may not be able to stop the payment without the login info or it was taken out of his account already. I hope you’re right.
    TY

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

I agree with @inamorato do not touch that money. He/She can cancel it without your password. Block this person on every level, report them and keep all your emails and conversations, screen shot it from SA if you have to.

Once you do all that, delete your SA account, your lack of understanding of how the Sugar bowl works and gullibility will get you in more trouble. Stick with vanilla dating.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by SouthernSD SouthernSD.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by SouthernSD SouthernSD.
    Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

No one actually sends $11,000 to someone they’ve never met. The ‘money’ in your account certainly didn’t come from his account.

More likely, it’s come from the account of someone else he defrauded or hacked. He can’t transfer the money directly to his own account as it will be easily tracked and eventually returned. He can leverage the money by getting naive people buy him iTunes gift cards which can easily be resold.

NarglesRawr
    Participant

@babybeth Thank you for sharing your experience and his name. The same Derek Schaap contacted me with the same exact premise.

lululuhusss
    Participant

Hi I’m new to the SB and I met a guy and we talked barely a little bit and he said he wanted to take care of me, so he told me to open a bank account with Moneyline (free online bank), and he made me get a checking account for a credit union and he asked me to open credit cards where the limit was up to 10,000. He also said he would have the person that handles his money add my name to something, and he wanted me to open the credit cards because he’s into bitcoin and want me to help. He said he’s out in Paris for a business trip and won’t be back for a month. But when we were talking it was like 2-3 am in Paris. It’s my first time doing this. I don’t mind the credit cards because I can always cancel them but is this too good to be true. I don’t think he ever wants to meet because we’re from different states. Is this a scam? He doesn’t have any of my personal info like SSN or account number but I made a lot of accounts in my name. Please help

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@lulululunsss, I’m not sure what help your asking for with your post.

It sounds like you have no trouble opening lots of accounts, do you’re good there.

If it is managing all of these accounts, I’d suggest Minted or Personal Capital. One of the online money management tools.

If it’s getting an SD, you seen happy with the offer from someone you’ve never met to take care of you. I’m sure nothing can go wrong there.

The only other thing I can think of, might be the defense attorney when that need arises, but it is tough to provide suggestions without knowing where you are.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Aaaaand @sfwinefan for the win 👏👏👏👏👏. Previously unplumbed depths of snarky subtlety on display 😜. I bow to the master🙏🏻

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.