Home Sugar Support Forum™ Advice SD REGIFTED MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Charmingandwitty Charmingandwitty 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yoursunshineee
    yoursunshineee
    Participant

So I have a bit of a dilemma and I’m unsure how to proceed or what it means..

Tonight I saw my SD and he gave me a Christmas present. He flies between Los Angeles and New York and was afraid he wouldn’t be able to see me again before Christmas so he decided to give it to me early. He handed over to me a Tiffany’s box but told me not to open it until Christmas. After leaving his house, I couldn’t wait any longer and immediately opened it. It was a gorgeous Tiffany’s necklace, but to my surprise, it was used. The, box, dust bag, ribbon, and envelope were all brand new, the necklace was polished and on a new chain, but the pendent was scratched and dinged up pretty noticeably.

A little background info, my SD is very wealthy, like money isn’t the slightest consideration to him. So I’m sure buying a brand new necklace wouldn’t cause him even a second thought. So why would he gift me an obviously already used gift? I’m trying to wonder if maybe it’s a possible test? Am I supposed to say something or am I not? Maybe his assistant (who’s a female) picked it up for him and wore it before gifting it to me? Maybe he’s given it to a previous SB before?

Regardless, I am absolutely appreciative of it, but it does seem quite odd.

Any insight?

SugarPill
    Participant

Hi @yoursunshin, honestly it is quite bizarre. If he has an assistant/PA maybe she could have swapped the pendants to keep it for herself?
    Regardless of the conspiracy theories, I would just appreciate the gesture and not bring the matter up unless you feel like you have established a secure enough connection with him for it to uphold friction. Nobody likes to have pointed out that they are (possibly) doing something sneaky like this, especially if they are guilty of it. Let it go.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

I doubt it’s a test and that is weird. I also don’t think his PA wore it. It was either bought for an EX and he had possession of it or he bought it at a high end consignment shop or pawn store.

Either way I would not say anything to him and just go with it.

Charmingandwitty
    Charmingandwitty
    Participant

Take it back to Tiffany’s, have them polish the pendant and wear it for your SD to see that you appreciate it. If it still gives you bad vibes, leave it in the jewelry box as insurance in case, God forbid, you wind up needing the money. It’s weird but it’s still a lovely piece of jewelry and a gift.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.