Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money Should I give my POT my credit card info?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by KovaQueen KovaQueen 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KovaQueen
    KovaQueen
    Participant

Hey ladies, I’m new to the lifestyle and I have a few questions. Since joining SeekingArrangements and other SD/SB websites, I have received quite a few POT SD’s asking for my bank login & password. Obviously that doesn’t sound safe and doesn’t make much sense considering there are many other ways to safely transfer money to someone. I hear the excuse “I would love to use (blank) but I use a corporate account which can’t be linked to cash app or any third party app” most often. As “too good to be true” as it seems, I have seriously considered opening an empty bank account to see if they will really deposit money into the account. It’s so tempting to give-in when they seem genuine and we personally haven’t had enough experience to tell whether or not we’re screwing ourselves out of an ideal arrangement from trying to be “too” careful.

With that being said, I have also been asked to “Get me your email address and name on the account I’ll send it to your email so you login your email on your laptop and take the front and back pic of the check and deposit it in your account”. What he’s asking for doesn’t sound like enough info to scam me, but I want to be sure. I also get asked if I have a credit card pretty often (which I don’t) so I typically shut that down pretty quickly by replying no. But I am wondering if I should get a credit card, and if it is safe to use that as a method of payment? Or is this just another form of asking for my personal banking information to scam me? Any help is much appreciated.

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

@kovaqueen, you came very close to having a snarky reply from me here about how nothing with that could possibly go wrong.

Read through the threads, you will find literally hundreds of posts with 217 variations of give me your (bank, gift card, credit card, movie card, pet license, …) information. They are all scams.

If you are not meeting face to face where the SD can give you CHC (cold hard cash) it is a scam. No one will ‘gift’ you anything without meeting or arriving at an arrangement.

KovaQueen
    KovaQueen
    Participant

Well it’s a good thing you realized that it’s possible to respond to someone in a direct manner rather than being snarky 🙂 Close call. Proud of you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.