Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money So you want to meet an investor SD to learn build your own wealth…?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aldebaran
    Aldebaran
    Participant

It seems quite a few sugar babies are genuinely interested in having a mentor type SD who would help her build some wealth. It can actually be a rewarding (on more levels than one) and a bonding experience for both parties. Of course a SB can allready have a business idea she’d like her SD to invest in, but, for me investing in…let’s say a new clothing brand or a nail salon doesn’t really talk to me as I know pretty much nothing about it…

Let’s explore a couple of other options :

1. If the SB is, say a student looking for “help for rent” the idea is for the SD to buy a 4 bedrooms house or appartment (via a trust for married SD), offer the SB to stay for free in one bedroom and ask her to find 3 room-mates, one for each remaining bedrooms. The SD keeps the rent for 2 of the 4 bedrooms, the SB gets 1 rent as an allowance and live for free in 1 so it’s a 50/50 deal really mutually beneficial.

2. A little more elaborate plan…As I live in France I’ll put my example of an investment in southern europe (Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Croatia…).It can be adapted pretty much anywhere else, it will just change your use of the land.
    Buy a cheap rural property to restore (around 100k) close to a touristic location (half hour drive), with some land, plant some local fruit trees to make an orchard on about 1 acre, some olive trees on 1 or 2 acres, and vines on about an hectare or 2.
    Find a contractor to do the major renovations (roof, walls, plumbing & electric) and ask the SB to choose how the interior will be, give her a budget and advices along the way. There’s a pretty good chance she’ll love the decorating part… Keep in mind to stay with the local style (mid century modern looks pretty awkward in Tuscany) !
    Once the restauration is done the SB is in charge of putting it on Airbnb (with fresh fruits, a bottle of olive oil and one of wine all produced in the property for guests), inviting her friends once a year harvesting the grapes after a while (free labour in exchange of a nice dinner party often works around student age)… The actual wine and olive oil making would probably be outsourced unless one or both parties is really interested in it.

It might not bring a lot of money (it could if you work with skilled wine & olive oil producers) but it will probably still pays for itself in 5 to 10 years (airbnb + wine + olive oil) plus eventually make a profit selling a nice property after a while… It will also give the opportunity for the SB to learn about regulations, construction, taxes, business running,…,and depending on how much time and energy the SB invest in the project they can agree on her getting the money from the airbnb rent for example, or even split the earnings of the sale… Once she’s saved money from it and from her allowance plus eventually job, she could do the same on her own with just a few questions here and there to her SD…

In those examples the sugar relationship would be more balanced than most as it would really be a partnership, a learning experience… They are however not adapted to short term relationships nor to any party moving around a lot…

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

This was a good post, I like the way you think.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.