Home Sugar Support Forum™ Advice Starting Messages/ Convos w/o sounding scripted

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by SaraJenn SaraJenn 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

GodivaKisses9
    Participant

Usually if I’m the one sending messages to SD first, I find it a little tricky trying to find a way to say the message that will make it stand out enough to get them to reply w/o sounded scripted or monotone. Any tips or tricks you can share?

Ex. This is one message I used before. Lmk what you think.

“Hi,
    My name is _______. I know what I want and I’m not afraid to get it. I’m fun, outgoing, and I have my own goals in life like you. Do you have a preference for exotic girls & would you like link up sometime? “

Montreality
    Montreality
    Participant

——-

@GodivaKisses9,
    Here is my humble opinion:

First of all “I know what I want and I’m not afraid to get it.”

This sentence won’t do yourself no favor. It sounds selfish and vain. I’m pretty sure every single SD knows what he wants and is on SA to get it.

“I’m fun, outgoing, and I have my own goals in life like you.”

Still so egocentric. You should’ve stated things like that in your description but not when you reach out to POTs. Instead, you can be more appreciative towards them or show them some genuine interest by complimenting X traits they noted down in their description or commenting X thing. Personnaly i always ask a POT how is his searches going on and if he enjoys his experience so far. That’s when i hear all kinds of stories from the croocks and ghoster’s victims, to the “now it’s getting better with you ” (yes, I heard that from a POT! Lmao). Somehow it may be hard to believe but SD often go trough hard times as well.

“Do you have a preference for exotic girls…”

Please, that’s a big NO!
    NEVER go that way, as it simply amplifies a fixation on your own skin color attribute. Your profile pics already show who you are. So don’t get it twisted that asking them their preference will make them less selective. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to physical treats, so it only gets awkward to ask that to a POT who actually prefers asian or caucasian women. You don’t have to be frustrated about that or take it personnaly. As an exotic SB myself i never focus on my racial attribute.

However, always be prepared to get no answer when you reach out to POTs. Once again don’t take it personnaly. We women are the hunters here and there is nothing we can do about that. Remember to always stay positive, you’re beautiful the way you are.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Montreality Montreality.
    Montreality
    Montreality
    Participant

______

Hope it helps :)

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@Montreality nailed it.
    Godivakisses9 that message will get you nexted and ignored every time.

I wrote a blog on this subject. There is some examples on how to word your first message. Here is link.

http://www.letstalksugar.com/sugar-101/sending-first-message/

GodivaKisses9
    Participant

@Montreality @SouthernSD that was just an example. Oh yes I love my skin complexion the way it is, I believe Black is Beautiful in all forms. Your feedback wasn’t offensive at all b/c I was looking tô here ppl’s opinions. It’s a way to see what the SD is truely looking for if his bio is blah or doesn’t include a lot of information about him. I usually start of the message with some characteristics about me, and say how we share similar characteristics and I find his profile intriguing. I never wanna sound to freaky or sexual to lead the person on if I’m not real into doing that with ppl I barely know. I end it off with “would you like to meet face to face sometime?” I much rather prefer face to face interaction then chatting online to see if there’s any chemistry there. Anyone can say thing online. The way I word my messages all depends on the bio of the person. I’m an Alpha female so it can be kinda hard to cancel out not being upfront or blunt, when that is apart of my personality.

SophieBells
    Participant

Hi,

Im new to SA and have never done anything like this before so everything is a learning curve for me.

I dont know how to message a SD first. Im usually saying ‘hi, how are you? I hope your having a good day’ but i know thats boring and dull but i cant think of what else to put.

Can anyone help please?

SaraJenn
    SaraJenn
    Participant

@Sophiebells you can’t go wrong with a genuine messsage. Try to pull something from his profile you can mention in your message. The idea is to explain why you want to meet THAT SD and not just ANY SD.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.