Home Sugar Support™ Forum First Meetings State of play – Regional opinions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by N_kari N_kari 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daddyshome
    Participant

I was on SA a while ago and it was great. I left because the arrangement ended and returned. I didn’t subscribe immediately but decided I wanted to meet people again and paid.

My region, north east England is dire. I’m a good conversationalist (no wierd messages) and look ok but it’s not going well. Same sb’s online for weeks, approximately 20 ladies (they’ll say the same about me I guess). I specifically mention ghosting in my profile, asking for a polite “not for me” but that’s what I’m getting.

So, my question is, wherever you are in the world of sugar, how are you finding things at the moment?

hoosierdaddy
    Participant

Maybe a little more vetting necessary than before from the daddy perspective, but really it’s much worse for the SBs. They have to deal with a massive influx of Johns due to the shutdown of prostitution sites in the US. (Would not think that UK SBs would be impacted the same way.)

I have two thoughts. First, you seem to say that you have a statement on your profile asking for a response to your messages regardless of interest. That will have no impact on whether they choose to reply or not (the younger the SB the less likely they are to politely decline- politeness is old school.) Depending on how you have it worded, it could also come off as either weak or negative and therefore be hurting you. The second thing is that not replying to let you know they got the message but are not interested is not “ghosting”, it is simply ignoring. Ghosting implies some level of communication first, then poof.

As you ask region, my view of the state of SRs is based on mainland US and London+Home Counties/Cotswolds.

Daddyshome
    Participant

Cheers. I get both. I will take off the ghosting though. I like that idea. Definitely worse than before.

UK not directly affected by US except some sites are universal so changes affect us. Oh, and our parliament is watching what happens in the US.

N_kari
    N_kari
    Participant

@daddyshome Hello,
    I hope your well. My region is also North East UK (Middlesborugh) and I have only been on here for a short time. I would like to think that I can be a good conversationalist as it is an important part of my job. With me being so new I have no input on whether it has gotten worse or not recently on here… Perhaps its not just the SB’s that suffer from poor grammar and spelling. I have spoken to a number of SD’s who have sent (weird messages) and even used txt speak at times. I have dyslexia so use spell checks when possible to reply but even then I know mistakes still get through and have to accept that some SD’s may see this as a negative.

At the risk of being considered “Old school” (im only 35) I try to be polite in all the conversations I have even the ones I know I will have to end. I have the opinion of replying to everyone even if it was to say “not for me, thank you”.

I hope you search improves.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.