Home Sugar Support Forum™ Advice Told my best friend about sugaring

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Expired 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Expired
    Participant

I decided to tell my best friend about sugaring because I don’t want to have to lie to the people who are my family and take of me emotionally.

Can’t say the conversation went particularly well but I’m hoping the whole thing will sort itself out soon.
    This is going to be interesting one way or another though.

I probably could have gone the older boyfriend route but that would have made them question my emotional stability.

I’m hoping at some she will understand.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Expired.

Expired
    Participant

She eventually got back to me. Despite my unconventional way of doing things i.e. the sugar bowl she is fine with it provided I use my brain and be safe.

Now I only have to tell me housemate so that I don’t have to lie about my disappearances.
    One down one to go

Expired
    Participant

Told my housemate. She is cautious but fine with it because she is planning on being my back up team 😊

Sometimes honesty is the best way & my friends are amazing. I’m feeling blessed.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

What were your BFF’s concerns?

Expired
    Participant

Safety and my happiness.
    Once I had explained all the safety precautions and that I am able to walk away at given time it no longer serves me they were both fine with it.
    Despite it being slightly unconventional.
    I also told them that I would rather be honest and they can be angry then have to keep lying to them because that’s not the way our friendships have worked. Lying to them would eat away at me. I think that did it. As long as I’m honest about my whereabouts and my emotional health they will support me.
    I offered to answer any questions and said that don’t have to agree or accept with my choice but that they are nonetheless my best friends and I will always want them in my life. If they need help understanding he lifestyle then I can give them answers.
    Obviously, I will maintain my discretion regarding my SD’s identity. And I will keep them and my personal life private.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Expired.
    DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

Why would they think it’s less safe than meeting people on tinder?

Expired
    Participant

I pointed out that I could be using tinder for one night stands. I think that because they both met their significant others the old fashioned way with one getting married next year and the other the year after it just wasn’t something they were expecting.
    That and because I haven’t ever done online dating because it just didn’t appeal to me.

I find it interesting that that was their reaction as opposed to looking down at the whole sugar thing which they don’t at all. I was prepared with a list of answers from Malia’s latest articles and I didn’t have to use any of them.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Expired.

Awesome!
    I’m glad to know you have a solid support system. Sounds like you have some ladies who love you in your corner & that never hurts!

Expired
    Participant

@PPFB
    Are you at the gold tournament yet?

Not yet. But I’m back in Atlanta!
    Never thought I’d be so happy to see this city’s skyline!

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Good for you C&C that will provide a sense of relief and you know if needed you can make a phone call and hopefully they can bail you out of a sticky situation. I would be more worried about being eaten by a Lion. 😉

Expired
    Participant

@SouthernSD
    Technically, the highest risk of getting killed by a wild animal is from hippopotamus. In case you were wondering.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

Mosquito.

Expired
    Participant

‘I wanna taste you, but your lips are venomous poison’

TCM
    Participant

It took me a long time before telling my best friend I was a mistress to married men, she took it well considering, as she also knows there is no way I am after a married man etc.
    The plus side was she knew I was completely over any ex’s, as one of them his antics still keep us entertained!

Sugaring IF it ever happens I doubt I will tell, there is a cautionary tale on the blogs about friends being upset as they see SB an easier way of working for their money when they may be in a rubbish job etc.
    She now knows I have been mistress to millionaires etc so…. extra treats etc are sort of covered 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.