Home Sugar Support Forum™ First Meetings Tracking Down Canadian Sugar Daddies?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Expired 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Maddy
    Participant

I have a POT that I’ve been in contact with for awhile, but the thing is that he’s from Canada. I’m in the states.
    I’m trying to find out more information about him but most search sites are only state searches…Does anyone have any international search sites they can recommend? I’ve tried putting in his phone number but I’m still not pulling anything up. I have his full name, birthday, email, city…?

Thanks in advance.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

I’m more surprised you do this sort of investigation on a PoT. I don’t know if I’m impressed or concerned.

My SB didn’t know my real name until our 3rd date. Most SD’s don’t use their real phone number. I suspect you can’t find info on him not because he is Canadian, but because he isn’t using his real information. And I don’t blame him for that.

@DavidSD

3rd date? Sheesh! And here I thought it was strange that a POT didn’t know what to call me until the following day. Ha!

I’ll google someone to make sure they aren’t a crazed lunatic on the lose or a liar for my own safety.

dnikole
    dnikole
    Participant

@DavidSD, I literally just LOL in the middle of a lecture. On the first two dates, how did y’all address each other? On the 3rd date did you sneak in something along the lines of “By the way, I actually go by …”

ElleWinters
    ElleWinters
    Participant

Well there’s your first mistake; you can never trust a Canadian. We’re very sneaky people.

I’ve been surprised by the fact that SDs have given me their real phone numbers right off the bat or their business cards on M&Gs. I’ve been using a secondary phone number to text from an app on my phone and I’ll give out my real first name once we meet but I trust people about as far as I can throw them these days so until I actually lock someone into an arrangement he isn’t getting anything more than that from me… I wouldn’t expect to be able to do a full background check on him in return 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe that makes me naive though

Maddy
    Participant

Really? I’ve had three arrangements and everyone has been totally honest with me…I actually kind of find it weird y’all are so secretive! LOL
    I make damn sure I know who I’m talking to. I don’t want to get trafficked!

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

She thought my name was David for the first two dates. You would be surprised how little you use a persons name when it’s just the two of you, so I haven’t even noticed. On our third date we were cuddling and generally talking about privacy when I asked “what do you think my name is?” She looked at me funny and said “David…” I shook my head no.

She rolled her eyes and looked very flabbergasted. So it wasn’t the best way to bring up the subject.

On the positive side once she knew my real name she understood a little better why I don’t share it. There are magazine articles about me, online interviews, a Wikipedia page about me, etc. I’m certainly not a celebrity (no one here would recognize my name), but there is a lot of information about me on the internet.

In hindsight I should have told her at the M&G, it honestly just slipped my mind because I was so blown away by her. I’m still blown away by her.

Ps. For those of you wondering about it, the articles are because I’m good at my job, not because of anything bad. How dare you even consider such a thought 😉

Pps. I’m also amazed/horrified by the amount of SB’s that give me their real phone number. I don’t think they realize that from that I can usually find out you full name, your address. That can lead me to your social media accounts where I can see your friends and family and where you work and school. There is a lot of information in the phone number.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by DavidSD DavidSD.

TCM
    Participant

I tend to use my real name by the first meeting, if I was in a position different phone number etc I would
    It is a very common first name so… (many have never asked or know my surname)

Some people use a name in every sentence, I tend not to at all.

At one first meeting I was asked if that was my real name though. To my knowledge all have used their real first names, only one used ‘Smith’ as his surname, fully understand why, yes again he was easily traceable on the internet. A few years later still have not told him I know the truth 😉

A few people because they did give me their real name, and a quick search validated all they had said I felt more comfortable about meeting.
    For example a legal person and his details on the site where he worked or if a union person again on their website.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  TCM.

TCM
    Participant

Pps. I’m also amazed/horrified by the amount of SB’s that give me their real phone number. I don’t think they realize that from that I can usually find out you full name, your address.

– quickly went off to put mine into google, nothing, am I searching in the wrong place?
    A lot of Chinese characters came back, one site seemed not to have anything on me…

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

Try doing a google search with it in quotes like this “### ### ####”

GOMS
    Participant

Keep in mind TCM is English 😉 Many of the sources that feed that info may not work on UK numbers. (UK ok?)

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

That makes sense. I actually went to London for 3 months to work with British Telecom to make sure their systems were secure. So if that is true, I’m happy to hear it. They seem to be a lot better about protecting their customer info than American companies (who can and will sell customer information). Europe, in general, has better customer protection laws.

TCM
    Participant

“Keep in mind TCM is English 😉”
    – brownie point 😀

UK numbers. (UK ok?)
    – so tempted to say, “yes dear” lol Yes as a country, technical thing that will include Northern Ireland, just to complicate, (English, British, UK) and not a personal thing 😉

“British Telecom”
    – you can easily say/type BT very rarely is it ever seen as British Telecom some young ones may not even know what you are talking about!!
    All logo’s advertisements etc “BT”

Another search and seems that your work is not “yet” in vain … still nothing 😀

I think y’all need to do some campaigning for privacy over the pond! We have SO many companies here selling data here too without informed consent. DVLA, NHS to name some!

GOMS
    Participant

Oh no! Let’s not even start talking NHS.

The government really is the biggest source of PII (personally identifiable information) leaks in the UK. How many times has a government worker left a briefcase on a train that included massive databases with little more than a password protecting them? I was always subject to being hauled into Westminster to be interrogated/chastised by a Sir or Lord somethingorother if I had lost data, but they could hand it out like water at a marathon. Another nerve struck.

Alex74
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Google works even in Canada … for example I just Googled the telephone number of a hotel I’ve stayed at in Canada, and it brings up pages of results about the hotel.

The reality is that if the phone number doesn’t bring up anything, there just may not be much out there. Even if I Google my real cell phone number it doesn’t bring up anything about me, which I’m actually a bit surprised since I use it for a lot of work stuff.

However, if I understand correctly that you know his name and City, I just Googled “White Pages Canada” and the first listing is canada411.ca and I tried searching for a relative I have who lives there, entered her name and Province only and she popped right up, so based on my not-so-thorough research I think it’s legitimate. If his name and Province don’t bring up anything, you might wonder if he’s running some kind of scam on you. Honestly, unless you live close and are separated by a land border, I’d have to wonder if it’s a scam anyway, I’m always leery of long distance/international.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.