Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money Trip with SD

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tequilakisses 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BellaAngel
    BellaAngel
    Participant

Hey everyone! My SD and I are taking a 3 or 4 day trip in a couple weeks. When we meet up, we do a $400 allowance. He asked me what I think my allowance should be for the trip and I believe it should be $1,000 minimum and $1,200 if we end up doing 4 days together. So it’s kind of like he I’d getting the third night free with me!

Do you think this sounds realistic to ask for? We will be driving together 14 hours total and one day he will be gone all day long for a work conference. He also said though that we find something for me to do while he will be at the conference. Any advice?

Inamorato
    Inamorato
    Participant

Personally, I think it sounds reasonable that you receive your per-date allowance for each day you spend together. You probably also need to consider how easy it is for you to spend a continuous 4 days with him, whether the destination is somewhere you want to go, and what activities you’re going to do there. Presumably he’ll be picking up all the costs whist you’re away.

( I try to avoid this debate by only offering a monthly allowance. Our arrangement includes one weekend away per month. Some months we might not do anything. Other times, ‘a weekend’ has actually been 5 days including travel time. Only very rarely is it related to work, so it’s a destination we’d both like to visit. I consider the trip part of the allowance, and hopefully she feels the same way)

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

That does sound reasonable, my only question is, do you work? If so, how much would you make in that time.
    If you would be making more then that, you should ask for that amount.

This how I approach traveling with a SB, if not on a monthly arrangement.

If it’s a nice vacation type travel, no allowance per say. The trip and spending money is the allowance.

If it is business, usually I’m attending a conference, she will get allowance plus spending money to do something while I am away.

Tequilakisses
    Participant

I agree. If you’re going to be missing work.. calculate that into it. Also, make sure that he leaves or takes care of you at the place you are staying so you’re not bored. Ask him to book you a facial, massage, or give you spending money while hes working or out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.