Home Sugar Support™ Forum Advice Valentines gifts for SD

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ferngully_girl
    Participant

What are some good valentine gifts for a SD? I’ve been in my relationship a little more than a month, and I am more of a spoiled girlfriend than a sugar baby. He has been very generous, but I am spoiled in the form of gifts and trips, not cash, so I have to be fairly frugal.

I was thinking some new headphones because his are a bit torn up, but I know I can not afford nice branded ones so I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Siegfried
    Participant

Hmm.. I don’t think a material gift like headphones makes sense. The kind of gifts I loved to get from my SB for Valentines and birthdays were as simple as a unique book that has a significance, a hand made very romantic card, and a special evening of dinner and intimacy! My SB gave me The Prince by Machiavelli as we had discussed the book in the context of modern politics and corporate power dynamics. She signed it with a red lipstick kiss! Very romantic. We are a bit geeky.. 🙂

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

I am with @Siegried on the answer to the question. Given the dynamic of the relationship – something small and thoughtful would work And I’m sorry, bonding of Machiavelli seems much more mercenary than geeky to me. 😉

@ferngully_girl, go with something small. If you know enough now, identifying something that ties in would be great. Since it is new by way of relationship, my recommendation is to focus on something to show him you are thinking of him. Even a small box of valentine’s chocolate.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@sfwinefan,
    So are you saying I shouldn’t send you that copy of The Art of War that I just gift wrapped in sparkly heart paper?

SFwinefan
    SFwinefan
    Participant

☺️ @simplesimone, aww thank you! I can always use another copy of the classics!

Siegfried
    Participant

Actually Machiavelli is very applicable to modern political dynamics in companies. 🙂 By the way Art of War is my bible! 😉 And Carl von Clausewitz’s On War is another great classic. My SB and I have spent many wonderful hours discussing these books. Especially in bed! 😉 After all Love and war are very connected. Handel’s Alcina explores this..

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Get him a nice pair of driving gloves.
    And a sexy valentines card.

If you need money tell him you love the gifts but need help with bills and could he forgo a nice gift for some cash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.