Home Sugar Support™ Forum Money Weird situation with allowance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by SouthernSD SouthernSD 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hayden4532
    Participant

So I met this guy online, he doesn’t live in my state or even near me so I was courious what kind of arrangement he would want. After I gave him my number he told me he just wants someone to be there to talk to him whenever he wants until we can meet in person but we may not meet for awhile do to him being busy at work. In return he said he will pay me $500 a week to just text him. So obviously I agreed and we have been texting back and forth for almost a week. He finally explained to me 2 days ago how he would be paying me. He wants me to create an account at the bank called digital credit union and then give him the account number and whatever he needs to transfer money, he doesn’t want my login or any of that to log in. Then he said he will give that information to his accounting team and have them transfer money owed to him through work into my account and tell them I am his fiancé so they don’t think it’s weird, then I’m supposed to take out my allowance and whatever else he wants to give me and send the rest back to him. Is he trying to scam me or is this real? It seems weird to me but I can’t figure out how he would be getting anything from me by me doing this when it’s a brand new bank account that will never have my own money in it

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Hayden4532.
    Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew
    Participant

Don’t walk, run. This is a scam. The clue is right there in the information he gave you. You said ” Then he said he will give that information to his accounting team and have them transfer money owed to him through work into my account and tell them I am his fiancé so they don’t think it’s weird, then I’m supposed to take out my allowance and whatever else he wants to give me and send the rest back to him”.

If he is the one sending you the money, why would you need to send the rest back to him? Doesn’t make sense… He is a scammer. Block him and move on.

Charmingandwitty
    Charmingandwitty
    Participant

Definitely a scam. Take some time to read the Advice and Relationship threads in the forum, there are quite a few posts about how to recognize a scam. Basic rule of thumb is that an SD will NEVER ask you to open an account for them, they won’t even talk money until after the first meeting. Anyone offering you money off the bat is very likely a scammer.

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

@Hayden4235

As the other two have stated this 1000% a scam. The reason, this is a money laundering scam. Then your name will be attached to an illegal activity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.