Home Sugar Support™ Forum Confessions What did you do today to celebrate your non-sugar life?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Neonavale. 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

I realize that this forum is all about the sugar world, but I find myself occasionally needing a bit of a reminder that while sugar may be sweet, it is not what is really important.

So, what did you do that was “real world” important today?

I will start:

I went to see my parents this weekend to run in a trail run race (actually goes up and down a mountain) with my real life 75 year old dad. We do a few races a year together and it just makes him so darn happy! I don’t know how many more chances we will have to share these amazing days. He actually got a little misty when they took our picture together ❤️ (there is some chance that I got a little misty too…).

In the face of that, does any of our manufactured “sugar world” drama matter at all?

#realhappiness

SouthernSD
    SouthernSD
    Participant

Yesterday I watched a Football and my Fantsy Football teams lose.
    Along with working and adding air to my tire.

AFuryforluxury
    Participant

Been in the process of sewing my Halloween costume, which I will reveal to you by means of a picture if I don’t screw up. I only sewed a button so far in my entire life. Definitely not the portrait of an ideal wife. Can’t cook to save my life, mostly because I’m not motivated enough. Mind you, I finally realized that one must not spend their entire salary in restaurants.

Anyway, when I read SimpleSimone’s list of skills I’m shocked and feeling suddenly very exhausted 😂.

So who’s next?

N_kari
    N_kari
    Participant

I just recently finished a run of night shifts and now due to the shift patterns have a week off. Not really close to the family any more so today was a pamper day which included long soak in the bath, followed by washing all old bedding and clothes from the week. Then reading a book in my conservatory while the rain pitter pattered on the windows while drinking tea and eating cake. Just about to put out some clean bedding and then settle down… Its the little things but its bliss.

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@afuryforluxury

Trust me, being an “ideal wife” is highly overrated if you choose a substandard husband…I’ve tried to be the Stepford version and I’ve ended up here, so what does that tell you? 😉

There is also some chance that I have a few years on you and even more important, I imagine you have your own skills that I can only dream of:

A facility for languages.

The ability to ride a bicycle without wobbling and tearfully hyperventilating.

Playing poker without being the ninny that has to repeatedly ask “Now what beats what again?”.

Dancing in a way that does not cause people to look for the nearest defibrillator or dial 911 in alarm.

I’m sure there are many, many more silly girl! (But do reach out if you need any advice re/ sewing the Halloween costume, I have made more than my share over the years – proud victor of the suburban mommy wars right here!).

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

@n_kari

Sounds lovely!

I did some actual work (I have my own business and am lucky enough to work from home), split and stacked about 1 cord of additional wood for the coming winter, baked honey wheat bread, pulled out all of the poor old tomato and cucumber plants in the garden, harvested some lovely potatoes and planted garlic for overwintering.

Dealt with normal dog, cat and chicken feeding, watering and egg gathering (that last bit was just the chickens obviously…).

Meant to go for a run but never quite got around to it.

Mucked about a bit with Instagram (still getting the hang of it and only have 2 followers so far but I persevere!) and generally took care of boring things like vacuuming, dusting, laundry etc.

I’m pooped!

Hmmm, would love a nice soak in the tub, what a nice idea…maybe later, must put a bottle of pinot grigio in to chill! Cheers!!!

N_kari
    N_kari
    Participant

@simplesimone Oh wow I am not surprised your tired. IM just about to settle down for the night so might do a chilled bottle of pinot tomorrow. Oww instagram? I love it. I have two accounts If you want I could follow you?

Enjoy your Bath and wine (the two I find work exceptionally well with candles).

SimpleSimone
    SimpleSimone
    Participant

Please do follow me and I will return the favor – feeling a bit “IG lonely” at the moment… therealsimplesimone I post pretty tame stuff, but it is keeping me amused…

Neonavale.
    Participant

A little late but this is a cute idea so I’ll join in.
    I finally found a leather jacket that fits my short arms, I went to the animal shelter and volunteered, and I went to an International Food Market.
    It’s been a good week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.