Home Sugar Support Forum™ Confessions What life circumstances lead you to Seeking Arrangement or sugar bowl

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Champagne&Caffiene Champagne&Caffiene 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brownsugarbaby
    Brownsugarbaby
    Participant

Obviously, we are all here for many different reasons, but what life circumstances personally lead you to joining Seeking Arrangement or wanting to be part of the sugar dating world?

Love to hear all your responses.

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

For me, I personally have always liked older men and was never one to care for drama or being tied down/committed. Maturity and experience attract me. In a sugar relationship, you get the benefits of a traditional relationship, without the dramas of one. I also love the opportunities that come with having a SD- be it travelling or furthering your career, or even both, all while also getting attention and affection (in more ways than one) :)

Brownsugarbaby
    Brownsugarbaby
    Participant

Hey Sora,

thanks bunch for the amazing response. I asked this question because I’m currently working on a piece/article that will be featured on the site, and it’s part of a project that
    I call “The Sugar Project 101”. I really like your reponse and perhaps even use it(with your consent, of course), and would like to ask you more questions if that’s okay.

The basic idea for this project involves coming up with a list of questions which myself or other people might have about the world of sugar dating, and getting people to response to those questions based on their own real experiences – and this is done anonymously. This will give us all the opportunity to understand how others think and reason, as well as to relate to one another.

After all that has been done, i will select the best responses, and have them featured in the site. The only thing i would like to know are: a name you prefer to go by(it can be a username or a fake name) , and where in the globe you’re located(a state is fine, or a province if you’re Canadian).

Do you have an email where i can communicate with you? Please let me know. Thanks :)

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

Hey Brownsugarbaby. That sounds like a great project and I’d be happy to help in any way :) Contact me at [email protected] and I look forward to hearing from you

blkcwgrrl
    Participant

BrownSugar Baby do you want responses on here or do you want an email with answers?

LdnSB_
    Participant

To fund my way through university. I figured i could earn more money doing less “work” if I spent a few hours with a SD a week than working 15-20 hours at a shop.

LoElle
    LoElle
    Participant

Honestly, because I want to focus on school 100% instead of having to worry about working or how I am going to pay the bills.
    It gives me a flexible schedule so before I even meet with my SD I always make sure I have finished my HW and such.
    Also, I love older men and I feel they have a greater sense of appreciation for me as well.
    It’s a win-win situation for me and Daddy.

Joey
    Joey
    Keymaster

@LoElle I feel like school is a huge reason for a lot of us. I found out about the Sugar life while in college. I have different reasons for joining, but the main reason was because I was tired of having no life from working full time as well as in school.

YYC_Sweetheart
    YYC_Sweetheart
    Participant

It started with a clip on youtube about a sugar baby… “What the heck is this ‘Sugar Lifestyle’?” I asked myeslf… That question lead me to google which took me to SA which lead me here to LTS.

I’ve read a LOT of the blogs in the past few days like almost all of them. Reading all those blogs turned on a light bulb.

Goals I have in life that were not going to be attainable without some help seem possible, the opportunity to meet some great SDs, make some amazing connections, possible travel, re-ignite a spark in my life that had been fizzling out.

I’m incredibly excited to see what this may have in store for me.

Caseymom
    Caseymom
    Participant

My circumstances are different.

Due to recent disability and a lease I can’t break, I was trying to find some sort of work I could do in order to raise desperately needed funds. I need a stairlift in order to get to my apartment, and a ramp to get into my house.

I’d received a response to an ad on Craigslist from a SD, after talking on Google hangout for about an hour, he blocked me, and my chance to get these funds disappeared.

I googled SD, and read up on what it was about, and signed up on SA last night.

I have no expectations whatsoever, I’m tired of rejection, I refuse to get my hopes up though. If a relationship happens, it happens.

AJ93
    Participant

Don’t know if you’ve done your article or not, but I’m still willing to share. Honestly I started because I hit a rough spot about six months ago and need a little help to get back on my feet. But now I’m back on my feet – while I still could use a little boost – I stay because it seems perfect for my lifestyle. I’m tired of dating in general. I hate getting ready for a date then getting stood up. I hate making plans with guys my age because most flake.

I also have this quirk that guys my age just can’t simply understand; I don’t need them, I choose to have them. I am incredibly independent and I have views that clash with the way I was raised and how guys my age were raised to think of women.

However, as independent as I am, I prefer to have company. I like to have dinner and go out with a partner. I enjoy conversation and a warm body in the bed next to me.

So I’m wanting to do some dating but I’m nowhere near close to being ready to settle down. I’m still young and I’ve got more tattoos, more miles, and more adventures to have, but sometimes I just wish I had someone to share that with.

worthexploring
    worthexploring
    Participant

Hi Brownsugarbaby,
    I thought I’d give you a somewhat different perspective on what might attract women to the sugar bowl. I’m 46, divorced, no kids, and no debt. I am financially stable, so any gifts I receive can be saved for a rainy day or applied towards preventative aging measures: botox, fillers, personal training, ect…Much needed perks at this age.
    Since I don’t need the money, why am I here? Because this is the first time I’ve ever been encouraged to ask for everything I want from a man and been able to get him to be honest about what he wants from me. There’s no fear of having your heart broken or feelings hurt because you establish the expectations and boundaries of the relationship ahead of time.

Skylar Loren
    Participant

Family problems. I actually started sugaring when I was 16 (Don’t worry it’s been 3 years now) and I had no money and wanted to move away. I accidentally stumbled upon SA and 3 months later, I was living in one of the nicest apartment buildings in chicago!

EclairSB
    Participant

What circumstances lead me to SA?

First, it was the Curiosity on what the Sugar Life is like- when my bestfriend Sav told me that she have a friend whose a Sugar Baby and expressed her worry to me, Worried that her Sugar Baby friend is walking towards the dangerous path in life. (especially that the SB is underaged but faked her identity to get into the bowl) which could lead to multiple offenses in real life. The thing is her SB friend is well-off in life, she have a luxurious lifestyle provided by her rich parents. So in order to pacify my bestfriend’s concern, I started researching about it.

Second, it was the Desperation for “help” in my life. My parents are both gravely sick, and as the eldest child I have to do something to survive or help out this helpless family of mine. I have various jobs while studying at college such as : Online Selling, Talent/Extra at Network Stations for films and such, Made-to-order craft requests, although all of those jobs are very unstable. I tried to get a stable part time jobs at Fast Food too, but it was a series of rejection– and the fact that even if I got the job, it will eventually break my body due to stress from school, and work. Knowing how ‘negative’/toxic environment it is when you’re an art student, where your fellows would boast the days they got no sleep/food in their stomachs and how much they can’t take care of themselves.

At that moment the “Sugar Dating” option shone bright in my head as if it was neon blinking sign, Like a moth I was attracted to the light and the ‘pleasure’ it reeks of. It’s risky and dangerous, that’s why I read some more articles and forums to make sure of my decision. There were lots of PROs and CONs, which I took into consideration and later on analyzed myself if it’s really meant for me besides my “need”.

Then it was my preferences, “What am I looking for in a relationship- and what kind of relationship do I want?”. I had previous relationships and most of them ended because I don’t share the same end-goal as them– which is Marriage. I’m a career driven person, that’s why I love to enjoy my youth and share my happiness to others; I prefer guys who are older than me originally simply because I can learn alot from them, they know how to treat a girl right for they are wise, sophisticated men; unlike the boys I’ve dated or more like “Babysit” due to their immaturity and easy-going nature. (I won’t go more into details about it, but feel free to ask if you’d like to know more.)

Which makes Sugar Relationship convenient to me because of the Agreement agreed upon with understanding and it’s mutually beneficial. I asked my other bestfriend Rachell about her thoughts and she supported me, So we both tried it out. Turns out, most of the negative things stated on some articles/forums are not true. We find the SDs’ adorable as we read their profile with admiration, and cute whenever they leave a message with effort. I eventually went to M&G with some of them, on our dates we talked about everything under the sun which was surprisingly relaxing as we both enjoyed our time together.

Champagne&Caffiene
    Champagne&Caffiene
    Participant

I choose to come because of an article I read about Seeking Arrangements. I have found that I like being on my own and independent but would still like to have fun with someone. And any gifting will help me pay off my student loans.
    I don’t need to be here but it would definitely take some of the financial pressure off off me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.