Home Sugar Support Forum™ First Meetings who drives how far for local meetup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by DavidSD DavidSD 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RoseTylerSB
    Participant

I’m very new to the SugarBowl as a SB. I’ve tried to do as much reading and research about how to make profiles, present yourself to the SDs, etc. I’ve got one who wants to meet up. This SD and I are on somewhat different sides of town, and SD talked about coming over to my side of town. I told him I’m originally from a huge city and used to driving (the implication being that I was willing to drive a bit to meet in the middle). I think SD has read my msg but didn’t respond. I am so used to trying to keep an even playing field in the beginning and meet people in the middle. I get the feeling I stuffed something up with my last response and am not sure what to say next, how to recover or if I should tell him I’m very new.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  RoseTylerSB.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  RoseTylerSB.
    Brie
    Brie
    Participant

@RoseTylerSB If he insists on coming to your side of town let him. If you decide to meet and things work out, then consider meeting halfway or traveling to his area next time. Just make sure you know what works best for you.

DavidSD
    DavidSD
    Participant

There isn’t any fixed rule as to who drives. I like having us both meet halfway when possible, but it’s not a big deal.

I doubt your response has anything to do with why you haven’t heard from him. It’s much more likely that he has become interested in someone else, or just busy with another aspect of his life. Try not to overthink or take delays/ghosting personally.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.